Bore scopes

Since our weather is a bit on the crappy side(snowing sideways Highs today 16) I checked a few rifles that I have not given it a full house cleaning in a while.On a Howa 1500 in 308,had a carbon ring right at end of chamber down the bore at about 3-4 inches.Using mid power loads I still got high pressure signs.Hard bolt lift and slight ejector marks on case heads.Using Free All I soaked a patch and pushed to the area and went back and forth,res-oaked the patch with Free All and did it again and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.Ran Iosso in the same area and back and forth about 20 times and super clean!Ran a patch soaked with mineral spirits and got it clean and went back in with bore scope.Clean as a pen!No carbon or copper.When the weather gets better I will shoot it and I bet the pressure problem is gone.

I agree bluedog69,some say you don't need a bore scope but I wanted to SEE for myself what caused the last 3 shots to have a hard bolt opening and ejector marks on case heads.Problem could have gone on a while longer but sooner or later someone had to find the problem.
To me it is valuable tool.

I agree bluedog69,some say you don't need a bore scope but I wanted to SEE for myself what caused the last 3 shots to have a hard bolt opening and ejector marks on case heads.Problem could have gone on a while longer but sooner or later someone had to find the problem.
To me it is valuable tool.
My 12 and 15 year old and I have really learned a lot about chambers and barrels with our Teslong. I wish i would have gotten one years ago but back then price would have been a huge factor. Just the ability to see how clean a barrel is makes it worth the price of one.

Teslong treated me well, very good quality images/photos from a $55 camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20240224_110956.jpg
    IMG_20240224_110956.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 32
i've learned it's easier to spot small
copper streaks without a mirror attached.
this is after "cleaning" shot #1.
the shoot and clean begins..
I think I remember Speedy(bench rest hall of fame shooter) saying that he had 60 degree mirrors instead of 45 degree mirrors. He said this let you see more of the streaks and scratches down the barrel. Where you would get them I have no idea.

I think its relative how the angle is measured, but, looking at what is available, the 30 degree would give you what you are talking about.

Teslong included a few mirrors with the product, but I never checked to see if any of them offer a different angle.