bore light gadget

bucknutz

silly me,but i bought a browning bore light thinking i was going to see all the fouling,copper streaks pits and more?
sadly enough it was a white light no better than removing the bolt and looking at a light bulb or outside in the daylight? i thought it would be a colored bulb to show more?am i missing something?

At a gun show, I bought a small LED flashlight. The unit is about 2.5" long, with a pen clip so you can place it in your pocket. The light bulb is attached to a thin orthiscopic like flexible neck that is about 3.5" long. I use it during cleaning and also when inspecting a used gun for purchase. I angle the light, so it does not shine directly in my eye when I look down the barrel. It's no bore scope, but I find it works pretty well. I just threw the box out last night, but I can get the name if anyone wants to check it out. It wasn't more than $20.

oops this was supposed to go under bullets,barrels and ballistics?but anyhow..i tried a keychain single aaa battery with the cap off and it was no good.shouldnt the bent tube be a greenish color to show copper fowling at least?

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts