bore cleaners

Jimm

Howdy all,

Been doing a little reading( ingredients ,that is )

Butches Bore Shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifetroleum naptha-8030-30-6, water 7732-18-5, butoxyl ethanol 111-76-2, 9-octadeceoic acid, (2) ammonium salt 544-60-5, mineral oil 6474-52-5, methylamy alcohol 108-11-2

GM top end engine cleaner(TEC) : ditto

Butches -$6.99 4 oz.
GM TEC -$ditto for 16 oz.
I used the butches till it was looking pretty clean then the GM TEC same way and it cleaned as much as the Butches did the first time. Ammonia present in both Butches has something to give it a pink color and a diff smell.FWIW

Jim

[ QUOTE ]
Howdy all,

Been doing a little reading( ingredients ,that is )

Butches Bore Shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifetroleum naptha-8030-30-6, water 7732-18-5, butoxyl ethanol 111-76-2, 9-octadeceoic acid, (2) ammonium salt 544-60-5, mineral oil 6474-52-5, methylamy alcohol 108-11-2

GM top end engine cleaner(TEC) : ditto

Butches -$6.99 4 oz.
GM TEC -$ditto for 16 oz.
I used the butches till it was looking pretty clean then the GM TEC same way and it cleaned as much as the Butches did the first time. Ammonia present in both Butches has something to give it a pink color and a diff smell.FWIW

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know why i push Tope engine cleaner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have heard Shooters choice is similar composition as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

I thought that was the stuff that sweet Monica got on her dress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SPOOGE
Best stuff I ever used!

[/ QUOTE ]

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.