Borden Action

bjlooper

Does any one have experince with Borden Actions.
Are they worth the money. Do you have a sugestion for a diffrent action?
Baylor

Dont have any experience with Bordens actions,but I soon will have.I ordered one of his Timberlines in a single shot configuration with an ultra mag bolt face.For what hes offering for an introduction price its a little too good to pass up.
As for your other question,I would have to believe that yes,his benchrest quality actions are right up to par with anyone elses.

His BR actions are absolutely top of the line by anyones standard. One of his just set the 600 yd group records this year. His specialty is the patented Borden bumps which he authorized Nesika to use, which is small bumps on the bolt that allows a super tight lockup but not hindered by dirt and debris.

I am sure that he will raise them to $700-900 later depending on competition but right now supreme bargain.

For the money, anyone wanting a 700 footprint action cannot completely true a 700 and come close to his action particularily when you add the bolt sleeving,upgraded firing pin and lugs for the 700.

BH

I hope you are right. I'm waiting on a bonus to be paid out at work in the next week or so to order a Timbeline for myself!

"I am sure that he will raise them to $700-900 later depending on competition but right now supreme bargain"

what is he getting on these actions?

OK you guys have sparked my interest. I was thinking about ordering a Stiller Predator action as a buddy of mine just received his last week. Very nice action except for the flat grey finish on the complete bolt. Once it was polished off except on the lug area, it looks great now. Is the borden action a trued remington or a fully built action like the predator? Also, what type of bolt release and handle? Is the locking lug, bottom metal and trigger included in that price? I would look them up but thanks to the liberals at my work most gun related sites are blocked. Does anyone have a picture? Thanks for the info, Doug

coyotekiller,not sure what the std. finish will be like on these,I had Jim put high polish on my order.The bolt release is the side mount rocker like the nesika.The bolt is bordens (fluted) own with a Rem handle on it (although Jims very easy to deal with and would probably put whatever you wanted on it).If you mean recoil lug,yes it comes with the action.No bottom metal.

Jb1000br, How are you lucky enough to be able to view the new actions, are they going to be at some kind of competition? Take pics from all angles I'm looking forward to seeing your pics! Later,ackleyfan

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.