Blue Wonder. The BEST bore cleaner??

Do you think the black patches were purely carbon or chemical reaction to the bronze brush too?
It's likely some of both. I have a nitride muzzle loader barrel that the chemicals will turn the patches black with a bronze brush. That's one nice thing about the borescope, you can see what's in the barrel and what's been removed. Then base your conclusions on what you see in the barrel rather than the patches.

It's taken a while to get used to seeing what a barrel can look like while it still shoots amazing!

I've used Blue Wonder cold bluing and as directions indicated, use the cleaner first to remove any oils etc. Then heat ( I used hair dryer) then applied cold bluing until desired bluing is achieved. The area of bluing on a Weatherby barrel was spot on that even I couldn't not tell the area that was blued. Blue Wonder is Great stuff..

I haven't! I was pretty set in my ways with CLR honestly. I probably wouldn't have even tried this stuff if my personal friend hadn't brought me my own barrel that he cleaned with it haha.
I hear that. A gunsmith was working on one of my rifles and said he cleaned it for me..... I was like that's bs, I brought it to you clean. He handed me some boretech in a sample bottle and said go clean one of your clean rifles and call me. Lesson learned. I think I get some of this and see if boretech is getting it done. I do have a borescope so I do check occasionally on how my barrels are doing. Carbon is something I loathe.

Recent Posts