Blue Wonder. The BEST bore cleaner??

Huntnful

I have dozens of bore cleaners strung out all over my reloading room. I've pretty much settled on CLR for carbon removal and KG for copper removal at this point.

Recently a buddy cleaned a barrel of mine while he was using my gun and he brought it back looking like a MIRROR. Completely spotless. At first I thought he used abrasives for sure. But when I asked him he said he used this stuff called "blue wonder". So I bought some.

It's like a liquid gel type cleaner. Kind of messy until you learn how to deal with it and it has a strong minty smell.

I had just cleaned my 300 NMI barrel very well with CLR and KG. So I had a good reference when the Blue Wonder showed up.

My barrel still had some carbon caked deep in the steel up near the throat and in the grooves for the first few inches of the bore.

I did one wet patch of blue wonder, 30-40 strokes with a bronze brush, another wet patch and then another 30-40 strokes with a bronze brush. Patches came out black.

That barrel looked like a brand new barrel from tip to tail after that small sequence of cleaning. I couldn't believe how not clean it was before haha.

I honestly probably wouldn't want it that clean all the time, but **** that stuff worked GREAT!

IMG_0982.png

Have you shot it since using the blue?

Curious how long to foul it back to zero, if needed at all.

I have found Boretech works pretty well to not remove all of the fouling so it still is within the cold/clean/follow up shots on good barrels. I don't think it removes it all though back to steel.

Have you shot it since using the blue?

Curious how long to foul it back to zero, if needed at all.

I have found Boretech works pretty well to not remove all of the fouling so it still is within the cold/clean/follow up shots on good barrels. I don't think it removes it all though back to steel.
I have shot it since. And it took 2 foulers to bring the 3rd shot back into the POA. So not terrible.
I would worry (until I knew otherwise) that it could be an abrasive polish.
If not, it sounds like a miracle.
Yeah I have not seen anything stating it's abrasive and the jelly is pretty clean and clear looking. So I'm just assuming it's not. Not 100% positive though.

I have shot it since. And it took 2 foulers to bring the 3rd shot back into the POA. So not terrible.

Yeah I have not seen anything stating it's abrasive and the jelly is pretty clean and clear looking. So I'm just assuming it's not. Not 100% positive though.
I always thought it was a non abrasive. But after you said the bore came out with a mirror finish it made me wonder.