Blast from the past

I do. And the days before ATV's! I also remember the trucks in the high school parking lot with rifle racks in the back with 870's hanging in them, cause guys were going hunting after school! Nobody batted an eye! Now, they call in the National Guard if a kid brings an aspirin to school and most of them don't know which bathroom to use!
Same here. I travel often for work. Live in TX, travel to NM and LA. I used to drive all over the US. PA. WY, MT, ND, SD, OK, KS, etc. I drive rather than recite moo's with everyone being herded on to an aircraft (I'm a pilot so no hate for flying). I used to drive all over the US. PA. WY, MT, ND, SD, OK, KS, etc. I've watched small towns dry up to almost nothing over the last 45 years. I keep saying that one day people will want to move back to those towns but idk anymore.

I do. And the days before ATV's! I also remember the trucks in the high school parking lot with rifle racks in the back with 870's hanging in them, cause guys were going hunting after school! Nobody batted an eye! Now, they call in the National Guard if a kid brings an aspirin to school and most of them don't know which bathroom to use!
Yeah, and the athroom issue is the national guard now.

Oh, well, we have our memories for now in a couple years will lose that.

Same here. I travel often for work. Live in TX, travel to NM and LA. I used to drive all over the US. PA. WY, MT, ND, SD, OK, KS, etc. I drive rather than recite moo's with everyone being herded on to an aircraft (I'm a pilot so no hate for flying). I used to drive all over the US. PA. WY, MT, ND, SD, OK, KS, etc. I've watched small towns dry up to almost nothing over the last 45 years. I keep saying that one day people will want to move back to those towns but idk anymore.
Maybe with this new remote work ethic the "unmigration" from the cities to more rural may accelerate. It has near large metropolitan areas already.

The day I brought to school a Rem 870 barrel that we were going to silver solder the rib back on sticks in my head. 1977 upstate NY.

Maybe with this new remote work ethic the "unmigration" from the cities to more rural may accelerate. It has near large metropolitan areas already.

The day I brought to school a Rem 870 barrel that we were going to silver solder the rib back on sticks in my head. 1977 upstate NY.
Or building cross bows in shop. GONE FOR EVER.

The good old days, people were happier times were simpler. I remember in the 80s walking downtown with an uncased Browning 300 win mag to have a scope installed, no one gave me a second look . Everyone did not run for cover or call the police because they were not in danger from some insane fool trying to prove something . It was no different than carrying a shovel . I am happy to have lived in that time , I am so old my mother was a woman .

I'm in my early 50's. When I was in 3rd grade, we put on a western themed play.

The day of the play, my teacher pulled me aside and said, "You hunt right? Can you bring some of your guns to use as props in the play tonight?"

Of course, right before the curtain opened, I ran over and grabbed one and held it through the whole play. We were 8. Nobody batted an eye.

In high school ('88) we got a new principal who hadn't dealt with country schools. I got called in the office and chewed out because of a shotgun in my truck. The second time he caught me with a gun, I got in trouble. The third time, he just walked up to me and said "please stop bringing your guns to school." I laughed at him and said "Ok". We both knew I wasn't going to stop.

we sure have ALOT MORE social malcontents. " Keep staring at your palms kids, it helps! " The joke is on us however, we helped RAISE this new generation. I tried to make my kids "masters of reality" .
Absolutely. We've gotten what we deserved. Now, the "Time-Out" generation is represented in our state legislatures and in Congress. Give me the youth and I'll give you the future. Sad.