little different performance from the SMK

Tikkamike

Yesterday I was not having any luck with my late season whitetail tag so I decided if I saw a doe I was gonna smack her and fill my doe tag. minutes later a doe came walking across the field. I didnt range her but im guessing she was 150-200 yards away and I shot her right through both shoulder bones. Expecting the typical 300 SMK crater I was looking all abound her looking for blood on the fresh snow and there was none. so I flipped her over and the exit hole had a bone sticking out of it and was only about the size of a quarter, I was actually quite please with this but it is not typical of the 10ish animals I have killed with this rifle. usually its a crator, but this acted like a hunting bullet, maybe this lot of bullets was harder than normal? maybe the below zero temperature had an effect? I know a target bullet is not designed for repeatable results on game its made to punch paper but i found it odd.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts