Bipod height

I cut wooden dowels to fit in the legs of an Atlas Bipod so I now have 1', 2', and 3' extensions. The 1' work in grass on the flat and the long ones work shooting downhill. With the bipod off the rifle the 2' extensions make a perfect rest for my bino's with sitting.

Jack

Fishbox, Here's one withe the short extensions on my Grendel. The P-dog is its first taste of blood. I'll get a couple more pics and post them later today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 193
How my bipod gets the most use; holding binos. The leather boot I made, it fits on the Atlas tight and protects binos and cameras, a poor man's multipurpose bino adapter.... Pic's to follow as soon as I get them to load

Last edited:
Hopefully here's the pic's

Attachments

• BiPod1.jpeg
    BiPod1.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Bipod2.jpeg
    Bipod2.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Bipod4.jpeg
    Bipod4.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Bipod5.jpeg
    Bipod5.jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 201
okay so you just pop the feet out and install your exstensions. Thanks for posting the pics, got the wheels turning now.

I am not sure of the actual count but at least a dozen of us use the HB25S Harris Bipod (12 to 25 inches). We are all coues wt hunters who hunt in S. Arizona. The uneven terrain requires this longer bi-pod. The S version is the only way to go.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.