bino's review

midwesthunter

Well in a previous thread I stated I bought a set of Luepold Mojave binos. I tested them agains all others in that price range and they were the best. Now I also heard about how "Great" Zen Rays were. So I ordered a pair of there ED2's. Well finally got them last night. So I tested them mid afternoon, and dusk. Conditions were cloudy. Now the Zen's have been said to be just as good as the $1500 ones out there. Me and my girlfriend compared them and we both think the Zen Rays are better. But not by much. They were a little brighter then the luepys. I also do like the wider FOV on them. They are a little bigger in size and weight. 4 oz in weight, but I couldn't tell. maybe a inch longer also. Now onto the other part, packaging and case. The luepolds were packaged pretty cheap and came with a cheap neoprene style soft case and cheap thin neck strap. The zens were packaged a little better. Came in a molded hard case. Came with a cheap strap for the case and a better strap that had a wide neck strap for binos. So I am returning the luepolds unless someone wants to buy them I got a great deal on them, I would sell for $330 shipped there the 10x42's
So in short the Zens win but not by much with my eyes.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.