New bino's

I am certain that everybody's eyes are different.

Nailed it!
Go to a store that carries whatever brands you are considering, take them both outside in low light and decide for yourself.
From my limited experience, spending a bunch of money doesn't necessarily mean you are getting better.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with!

Ron

After much reading of reviews and some comparisons in stores, I purchased Swaro SLC binos last year. I compared them to best vortex and SLCs were much better - much crisper images. The other bino I was strongly considering was the Leica Geovid rangefinder combo in similar price range online. Ultimately, I decided that I would keep it simple and go with swaro mostly because I could not test the Leica in person without ordering online first. I also did not have opportunity to test Meopta but was interested based on reviews. I am very happy with swaro SLC.

I definitely understand being on a budget. U did mention however that u were making ur way west to pursue big game. Fwiw my advice is to bite the bullet and purchase the best. Nothing I've ever looked through compares to Swarovski. Buy once, cry once. Make ur budget cuts somewhere other than ur optics and and very accurate rifles. Just my opinion. Good luck.

34BC0DAA-FB1F-498D-9344-C1210338C9C1.jpeg
I ran with a pair of Steiner Ranger Pro 10x42 binos for the last 10 years and believe me they were "used". I recently contacted Berettta (the Australian distributor) after one of their reps at a gun show mentioned a Steiner upgrade deal. For the cost of shipping (and my old glass) I now have a brand new pair of their Ranger Xtreme 10x42 binos. I just hope they have a similar deal going in 10 years time!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.