Binocular Help

I had EL Range 10x42 and then upgraded to EL Range TA 10x42. The EL Range TA glass is impressive. I have nearly stopped packing my ATX/65 spotter because the binos on a tripod are so **** good. I have a Revic BR4 now and might would go with the NL Pure in a do over. I do like having the ability to glass, range a critter, dial and shoot in less than a minute. I keep the BR4 in the pack and only dig it out for stuff beyond 600yds. There are definitely times when I need to know is it 250, 300 or 350yds in short order to make a shot possible. At 800yds there is usually time to each lunch first.

If you're open to looking secondhand, Swarovski (unlike Leica/Zeiss) has a fully transferable warranty. Should the glass you buy have issues, their service department will sort you out without it being a pain.

If you're open to looking secondhand, Swarovski (unlike Leica/Zeiss) has a fully transferable warranty. Should the glass you buy have issues, their service department will sort you out without it being a pain.
This is good to know. I am enjoying the SLC 8x56. Probably a little bit large for most peoples' personal taste in a hunting bino. But for me, lowlight performance is the most important piece alongside of clarity, and the Swaro glass works so nicely for my eyes.

This is good to know. I am enjoying the SLC 8x56. Probably a little bit large for most peoples' personal taste in a hunting bino. But for me, lowlight performance is the most important piece alongside of clarity, and the Swaro glass works so nicely for my eyes.
I have a 7x42 SLC, and I'm very satisfied. Only knock against it is weight.

I would like to test it against lighter alternatives, but realistically I couldn't find something better for the price I paid on these.

Hoping to find a Swaro CTC 30x75 spotting scope, but they don't show up often in the US.

I think the Zeiss SF's or Swaro EL's will be great either way and it just comes down to what your eyes like better. Everyone's eyes are different so one might be more comfortable than the other. As far as quality, either one will be great.

Having the ability to compare the swaro slc 10x42, swaro el 10x50, Leica 3200 geovids, and vortex fury 5000 all side by side I would definitely end up with the swaro products over all. When I compared the Leica vs the el's the glass was in the same arena, but like Mr Kenyon said the eyecups on the Leica were horrible. I see el's all the time in your price range used. I would also consider going with a lower magnification of the pures like the 8x42's as they seem to hit way above their weight class. Just my .02 cents

What I have learned in my 50 plus years of hunting, is save your money and buy the best the first time, because you are going to end up buying it at some point anyway, and it will save you money to buy it now instead of buying inferior glass that you sell at a huge loss later. If you want to stay in budget, I have a very nice set of EL range 10x42 I would sell you at a fair price

To fully answer your question, I really prefer the range finding binos, and I have 2 pairs of EL Range and a set of EL Range TA on the way. It is so much easier to just have one set that lets you glass and range at the same time. I have a set of EL's and SLC's that just sit in the safe. The only time they come out is when we go nature watching or for turkey season.