Bino suggestions around $500

DWilson

After seeing how the guys at camp act an feel about shooting an illegal spike buck i need to step up my bino quality. Presently im using some cheap bushnell 10x42 binos. They are ok up close but not good trying to check those forheads for spikes at long distance. Been seeing the zeiss terra 10x42 an vortex viper 10x42 leading the way in my price range. Would like any reviews or suggestions on these or other binos i should b checking out in the $500 an under price range. Thanks for any input,Dave. Ps. I could go a lil higher in price if its worth it.

Tract toric, I have the 10x42 and wife has 8x42. In the $650 price range. Excellent glass, compared them with my buddies vortex Razor HD at low light dusk and dawn and we all agreed the Tract is brighter, clearer. Vender on this site and 30 day money back return if you don't like them for any reason.

After seeing how the guys at camp act an feel about shooting an illegal spike buck i need to step up my bino quality. Presently im using some cheap bushnell 10x42 binos. They are ok up close but not good trying to check those forheads for spikes at long distance. Been seeing the zeiss terra 10x42 an vortex viper 10x42 leading the way in my price range. Would like any reviews or suggestions on these or other binos i should b checking out in the $500 an under price range. Thanks for any input,Dave. Ps. I could go a lil higher in price if its worth it.

I went through the same thing earlier this season, I had it narrowed down to the Viper HD 10x42 and the Leupold HD BAK-4 HD 10x42. They are very close but for my eyes the Leupold had the advantage and it cost $50 more than the Viper. The Viper HD was labeled Made in China and Leupold was labeled Made in Japan. In short, I went with the Leupold https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCJQHFJ/?tag=lrhmag19-20
https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-Guid...rd_wg=VaBig&psc=1&refRID=XK91GK6S52QB8CGFJKKZ
It might be different for your eyes so you just have to try them for yourself. Good luck!

There was a beautiful set of KOWA Prominar's for sale in the OPTICS classifieds for I think 650.00, they retail for about 1250.00 I believe. might want to give it a look, about a week ago I believe

Might consider a pair of used 10 power Zeiss classic. I haven't been around a lot of the great glass that is out there. But the pair I have seem to be decent.

I am extremely impressed with the Athlon Cronus 10x42's. I have now had them in my pickup for a couple months, along with my Razor 12x50's. I've tested each countless times side by side (literally daily), low light, bright light, rain, snow, sun. The Athlons are every bit as bright and clear as my Razors and they cost 1/2 the price.

The Cronus are the ones I grab now, I really like them. If they made a 12x50's on the Cronus line, I'd probably sell my Razors.

Cabela's Intensity HD binos are great for the money. I got a pair of the Vortex Viper HD's and then Cabela's came out with the Intensity. I would have saved a few bucks and gone with the Intensity for myself...instead, I got them for my wife. Not as bright as the Vortex's but very good clarity and definition.

Tract Toric.

They are phenomenal.

I've got a pile of binoculars, including the (Meopta Meostar HD) Cabelas Euro HD 8x32. I prefer the Toric 8x42 to the Meostar HD. Particularly, I prefer the Toric's ergonomics, color rendition (the Meopta leans ever so slightly toward brown/yellow), contrast and resolution are basically equal. The Toric feels super light in the hand and has a huge eye box. I also have the Leica Ultravid HD Plus 8x42. It costs 4x the Tract Toric. While the Toric isn't as crisp as the Leicas, the Toric is easier to look through. It's all sweet spot. The Tract Toric might be the most forgiving and comfortable view I've ever experienced.

I went through the same thing last summer. I tried hard to talk my self into Zeiss and Swaro and I still do at times but I just can't do it. I looked through the SLC and the Conquest and for my eyes I like the Conquest. I found Leupold BX-3 Guide Pro 10x50 for 400 at Cabelas when the were coming out with the BX-4. Every time I look through them I'm glad I made that decision. My buddy has the Vipers in 10x50 and they are nice but to me they leave a yellow tent. I'm happy with my Leupold Guide Pro they are the best I have looked through in my price range.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.