binocular suggestions

hapycapy

Can someone suggest 8x42 binos that wont break the bank. Going on an elk mulley hunt in Montana and my budget is running out!

If you are looking for a budget bino, I'd recommend the Leupold wind river series. I have a set of the cascades, 10X, that are actually pretty decent. I believe they make an 8X cascade as well. For the money, I really like em.

Geb

Ck out GR8fuldoug at cameralandny.com look for Minox 8 or 10X42 . I just got a pair of 15X58 and their really good. Their are quite a few good posts about Minox on this site. I sure like mine... Bill Maylor.

I have been using the Leupold and they have worked great with out breaking the bank!

Mike @ CSGW

I deffinately recommend the vortex diamondbacks from Cameraland. Worth your time to check them out in person somewhere and then order online cheaper.

You would like the Leup's, very nice quality for a decent price and the best warrenty in the business. IMOP you can get a better pair of bino's for a cheaper price by going with the Nikon Monarch series. I have compared alot of them and I honestly think that for the same money (or cheaper) you can get a better bino with the Nikon. I carry plenty of the 8x42 or 10x42 and many other variations.

give us a holler if you have a questions or price

have a good un
steve

Steve is right Nikon are very nice also. I guess I tend to over look Nikon because I do not care for their rifle scopes that much.

Mike @ CSGW

If your truely going to glass for mule deer regardless of the brand you will be better served by the 10 x. I used to have 8x steiners and they were just not enough to find bedded deer at longer ranges.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.