Bino harness

Stay away from the ones with magnets, they'll mess with your compass and gps on your phone. Check out Kifaru's new one they just released or Catamount Outdoor Gear. Both forward opening and they don't have any magnets.

I want to here your real world experience with bino harnesses. I have never owned one and have down a lot of research. Which seems to be whatever page or social media account swear by a certain brand. What's your opinion on a bino harness. I would love to be able to attach a pistol to mine. Thanks for any info!!!
I would mostly be using it for shed hunting in the spring! Thanks
No idea what is "best" for you.
What I can say is I'm personally not a fan of a pistol on it when hiking. Too much weight up front. That might just being a personal thing. I use Alaska guide.

It's basically my batman belt. I have my binos, windicator, my archery release or kestrel, and a leather man. On the side is a laser rangefinder and the other side is my GPS for onx. Hence the weight for me.
I won't connect it to my pack, because I drop my pack when I stalk. It needs to be on me.
IMG_1906.jpeg

My hand cannon rides on a 2'' ring below my hip belt.I carry smaller 357 -5 shooter horn hunting This my sons, had made for him No binos used in this hunt,20 yard is max shot
IMG_0067.PNG

Last edited:
My 1st comment is "harness or pouch" two different things. I have used harnesses for years and would not go afield without them. I use a simple neoprene cover for protection.
pouch- I bought a pouch in May went to Africa in June and gave the pouch to my PH! Hated the pouch! Too much trouble to get the Bono's out and up to my eyes.
I greatly enjoy my neoprene covers and harness. Ease of use, quick to the eyes and when shaped keeps out the dust and rain!
JMHO!!
Agreed two different things. I have been using a harness from Rick Young Outdoors for many years. They are only about $20. And keep your glasses easily accessible. I Don't care much for the pouches. But that's why they make so many different ones I guess 😁

I run the enclosed side Marsupial. I've tried several others and they don't compare to the Marsupial. It's been super effective. I have not had issues with phone/gps navigation but have not tried it with a regular compass.

1000018933.jpg

That said I am seriously considering going to the Kifaru. I love my Kifaru packs and Bender has added a few details I like - details I didn't know I needed but now can't get those ideas out of my head. Then again I might regret it...

I second the kuiu pro harness. Mine does what I need it to do and is easy to use one handed. Solid harness you can't go wrong with it, Razco makes a pistol holster that attaches to it. The Marsupial harness looks good as well and people seem to have good things to say about it

Gobbler got it right. If you're binos are in a pouch, they you aren't using them enough. My Steiners came with a ocular lens cover, and I use a rubber band (the kind they hold asparagus together with) to keep it tight in place.

I cut the front off of a pair of Dickies suspenders, folded and sewed the ends, and ran a narrow nylon strap through the loop to the binos. Very comfortable, and they hold up my pants too.

When I was young, I walked too fast and they would bounce. Now that I walk slower, it isn't an issue.

I want to here your real world experience with bino harnesses. I have never owned one and have down a lot of research. Which seems to be whatever page or social media account swear by a certain brand. What's your opinion on a bino harness. I would love to be able to attach a pistol to mine. Thanks for any info!!!
I would mostly be using it for shed hunting in the spring!
I want to hear your real world experience with bino harnesses. I have never owned one and have

down a lot of research. Which seems to be whatever page or social media account swear by a certain brand. What's your opinion on a bino harness. I would love to be able to attach a pistol to mine. Thanks for any info!!!

I owned several and then hit gold with KUIU!

Alaskan Guide Creations owner here. Love everything about them, fit, comfort, durability….except the open towards body.

As others have noted, open away from body is easier to use whe glassing, in/out.

Marsupial has been my personal favorite. Zero issues with the magnet in the closure lid. I don't like attaching a pistol to it however, that's more Wright than I like pulling on me. Pistol holster goes on the pack belt. Good luck!