Bino harness

My first one was an Alaska Guide Creations one. It served me fine though it was too bulky and never seemed to want to ride where I wanted it to. I have a couple of FHF gear ones now. I really like the way they're laid out. Front opening would probably be nice but I haven't tried it yet. The next bino harness that I'll get will be from Stone Glacier; their products are lightweight and very durable.

Check out the above, these work extremely well, designed to carry a handgun as well as binoculars up to 15x56. Designed by a former Army Ranger who is an avid hunter (and is also my son). These are available in a variety of colors/camo and they have front opening (away from body) models as well. They are very comfortable for all day wear, as the harness system keeps the weight off ones neck.

I have Marsupial and love it. Very versatile. You can keep binos attached or detached. Fit is adjustable. Fitted for the brand bino you have. Mine fits snugly so eye and objective lens are not at risk of dirt or water,etc. Magnets are strong, so no worries about closer.

I have FHF and at one time had AGC. liked the AGC for the extra storage and the ability to have a hydration pack connected with it. It is a bulkier pack than the FHF, which I have 2 of now. One is older original design and other is a newer one with the Rasco holster for a G20. FHF fits slimmer to the chest for me and seems more secure, the front pocket is pretty hard to get stuff out of though so it holds chapstick and mouth diaphragm calls. Not sure about the forward flipping lid since I haven't used one but the back flipping lid doesn't add depth to the pouch which may catch a bowstring a little easier. Obviously people shoot without that being an issue. Used just a neck strap for years and eventually had them setup short so they wouldn't flop so bad. Then tried a harness and while nicer to carry the binos still flopped some and didn't hold binos tight to the chest and still be able to conveniently get them to eyes.

I have had setups where the bino pouch was attached to pack and stand alone and I prefer the stand alone pouch setup because like other poster I may want to ditch the pack for a stalk. Although if backpack hunting having it attached to pack is one less thing across your back and you can always use your rangefinder as binos if stalking in close, unless you carry that in your bino pouch.

You should probably just buy 3 different styles and try them out to be sure what works for you.

I want to here your real world experience with bino harnesses. I have never owned one and have down a lot of research. Which seems to be whatever page or social media account swear by a certain brand. What's your opinion on a bino harness. I would love to be able to attach a pistol to mine. Thanks for any info!!!
I would mostly be using it for shed hunting in the spring! Thanks
I have had several. Currently using Marsupial-best of any I have used, and of any I have seen.

I've tried a bunch, AGC, Badlands, old Marsupial, Stone Glacier, new enclosed Marsupial and some others. Favorite so far was the older "open" style Marsupial as the lid folded open better than the enclosed version. So I'm debating between the Eberlestock, the new FHF, or just going back to the older Marsupial. I'm switching to a range-finding Bino as well. I want minimalism, especially on my chest. Even thought about just keeping them on my hip belt in a molle pouch and then in my chest pocket in my jacket during winter hunts. Going with a 10x32 bino and the 15s ride in the back.

I've got the new FHF Fob. Absolutely love it. The wings on the side make it so tight to the body and things don't flop around.

Attachments

• IMG_6045.jpeg
    IMG_6045.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
I've got the new FHF Fob. Absolutely love it. The wings on the side make it so tight to the body and things don't flop around.
How is the harness? That's what intrigues me the most yet concerns me. Appears to have a certain level of rigidity to it. How will it be once you have a pack on with a load?

How is the harness? That's what intrigues me the most yet concerns me. Appears to have a certain level of rigidity to it. How will it be once you have a pack on with a load?
The harness is very comfortable. It disperses the weight evenly and doesn't ride up to your neck. It may look rigid but it's not, it bends and folds like any thicker nylon-type material would. The only negative is the price :)

I run the enclosed side Marsupial. I've tried several others and they don't compare to the Marsupial. It's been super effective. I have not had issues with phone/gps navigation but have not tried it with a regular compass.

View attachment 478908

That said I am seriously considering going to the Kifaru. I love my Kifaru packs and Bender has added a few details I like - details I didn't know I needed but now can't get those ideas out of my head. Then again I might regret it...
Sure like that holster rig!