Biggest porker so far

I'm not going to guess a weight on this boar, because it would sound outrageous, and people always guess high, but … I have weighed a good number of 200-280 lb pigs before and this one was substantially bigger. I didn't have a scale at the time.

Let's just say he was a giant.

Shot was a long poke with a 375 H&H 270 gr X bullet (original Barnes X).

Sitting on top of a knoll, overlooking the river and this guy came trotting across the bottom field. I guessed the distance and let one fly and went back to enjoying the sunset.

When I drove down in my Mule, he was conveniently stretched across the road.
That's a great trophy to be sure - job well done.

I'm not going to guess a weight on this boar, because it would sound outrageous, and people always guess high, but … I have weighed a good number of 200-280 lb pigs before and this one was substantially bigger. I didn't have a scale at the time.

Let's just say he was a giant.

Shot was a long poke with a 375 H&H 270 gr X bullet (original Barnes X).

Sitting on top of a knoll, overlooking the river and this guy came trotting across the bottom field. I guessed the distance and let one fly and went back to enjoying the sunset.

When I drove down in my Mule, he was conveniently stretched across the road.
That's a heck of a boar, easily in the 450lbs range.

There are a couple of good ways of estimating them measuring either girth or length from base of the ear to the base of the tale. The latter you can figure about 100lbs per ft.

A more exact method can be found here:

I've found that in different areas/states there can be a lot of variation based on a combination of genetics and diet.

The thing about boars is they will continue to grow throughout their lifetime as long as they are healthy and have adequate nutrition so occasionally you can run into a real monster.

Bufalobwana, You said that you were at a processor in S.C. when someone brought in a big Hog. You weren't in the lower part of S.C. at a processor named "Michael's" were you?

Bufalobwana, You said that you were at a processor in S.C. when someone brought in a big Hog. You weren't in the lower part of S.C. at a processor named "Michael's" were you?
that was Varmint Hunter who said that. I never been to SC!