Biggest porker so far

Buffalobwana

I'm not going to guess a weight on this boar, because it would sound outrageous, and people always guess high, but … I have weighed a good number of 200-280 lb pigs before and this one was substantially bigger. I didn't have a scale at the time.

Let's just say he was a giant.

Shot was a long poke with a 375 H&H 270 gr X bullet (original Barnes X).

Sitting on top of a knoll, overlooking the river and this guy came trotting across the bottom field. I guessed the distance and let one fly and went back to enjoying the sunset.

When I drove down in my Mule, he was conveniently stretched across the road.

Attachments

• 30EE522E-5E8B-461F-8B38-3710614D58C3.jpeg
    30EE522E-5E8B-461F-8B38-3710614D58C3.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,212
Congrats on a really big hog.

I was at a butcher shop in SC dropping off a nice buck when a guy pulls in with a BIG, fat, nasty, smelly hog. I asked him what he intended to do with it. He said that he was hunting whitetails when it walked by and he shot it. He didn't want it for anything but said he just had to get it weighed for his own knowledge. He couldn't wait to get rid of it! LOL

I offer free hog removal services most of the year if you're interested in thinning the herd… The 200lb Texas sow I shot last year had really nice bacon on her, and then I've shot some other ones that size that were completely inedible. Congrats!

I'm not going to guess a weight on this boar, because it would sound outrageous, and people always guess high, but … I have weighed a good number of 200-280 lb pigs before and this one was substantially bigger. I didn't have a scale at the time.

Let's just say he was a giant.

Shot was a long poke with a 375 H&H 270 gr X bullet (original Barnes X).

Sitting on top of a knoll, overlooking the river and this guy came trotting across the bottom field. I guessed the distance and let one fly and went back to enjoying the sunset.

When I drove down in my Mule, he was conveniently stretched across the road.
That's a real stud

Nice trophy
From the way that hogs body is built, Big deep chest, Tall shoulders and small hind quarters, And near straight line from end of nose to point of shoulders, And its nose and tusks, That hog looks like it has a high percentage of Russian blood line. Sounds like good area to hunt for trophy hogs.
See that red dirt..... that means it's a good area 😉👍