Bi-pods

so , I've been a bow hunter since 1980 BUT I have decided to get back into rifle hunting and have just purchased my first new gun ( Sauer 6.5 PRC) !! I'm gonna put a bi-pod on it and I'm looking for input on what other people like ,,,, I want a good one that cant's and rotates and I've looked at the Sniperpod one that allows you to sit and shoot too !!! so what are your recommendations ??

Hard to beat an atlas, but for versatility (going from bipod to tripod and back) I use the Spartan Bipods. So many options and super light weight. If strictly bipod shooting off bench, definitely Atlas.

I'm using a hatch out west bipod.

its not as stable prone as something like the atlas, but it works well from prone to sitting. It's quiet unlike the Harris. To me it's the perfect bipod for hunting, not necessarily for target shooting.

Hard to beat an atlas, but for versatility (going from bipod to tripod and back) I use the Spartan Bipods. So many options and super light weight. If strictly bipod shooting off bench, definitely Atlas.
I've been looking at atlas but Sniper Pod makes a bi-pod that uses a system similar to tent poles where they have aluminum held together by elastic and you can do everything from prone to sitting !!

I've been looking at atlas but Sniper Pod makes a bi-pod that uses a system similar to tent poles where they have aluminum held together by elastic and you can do everything from prone to sitting !!
I think you are talking about the Granite Peak "V2 SnipePod". If so it's really more like a fancy shooting sticks than it is a bipod. I have heard good things about that product.

I've had Harris for decades. but the Atlas does look much better though I've never used one. I still prefer a good sling and bag to a bipod. Just my preference.

I think you are talking about the Granite Peak "V2 SnipePod". If so it's really more like a fancy shooting sticks than it is a bipod. I have heard good things about that product.
I think they come apart in 8-10 inch segments and then you use the velcro that comes with them to strap them together and use them at whatever length you want ,,,, I dont know , unless you can , hands on , use something you never know !!

I think they come apart in 8-10 inch segments and then you use the velcro that comes with them to strap them together and use them at whatever length you want ,,,, I dont know , unless you can , hands on , use something you never know !!
You are correct.

I just mean that a true bipod gives you much more stable platform as it can be locked and loaded. Many guys are using bipods to the same effect as a benchrest.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts