Bi-Pods

MarbleEyez

Just picked up my 28 nosler. Put a picatinny rail on instead of your standard posts. What's your preference for picatinny bi-pods? I was looking at some of the extreme outer limits bi-pods but didn't really want to spend $415+ on a bi-pod and extensions. I'm use to using the harris bi-pods 13"-27".

I have only used Harris. Atlas makes a great bi pod but it is spendy. Green Blob is a Chinese copy of the Atlas. I don't support Chinese clones, but, some of my friends have them and they claim it is exactly the same as the Atlas with the exception of the screws being made out of chrome instead of stainless. Amazon sells green blob for under $100.00.

Nothing. Just trying to expand my horizons! Curious if you gain anything with the higher dollar bi-pods, besides maybe shaving a little weight. Do they have much more adjustability? Just getting into the long range stuff and wondering if I'm missing something with these high-dollar bi-pods.

I've been using a Modular Evolution Bipod for the last week or so and I'm loving it! Super adjustable and built well with some very well thougt out features and accessories.

I'm use to using the harris bi-pods 13"-27".

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

That's exactly the bipod (swivel) I use from Harris on my primary hunting rifle so I can transition from prone to sitting position easily.

Nothing. Just trying to expand my horizons! Curious if you gain anything with the higher dollar bi-pods, besides maybe shaving a little weight. Do they have much more adjustability? Just getting into the long range stuff and wondering if I'm missing something with these high-dollar bi-pods.

IIRC, Jeff (BROZ) prefers the Harris over Atlas.

ADDED:

They are both good. It all boils down to which one fits your needs best. After trying both for me it is the Harris, but there are guys that prefer an Atlas. I suggest you get on the ground with both and see which one you prefer. Look at the difference in height, also fore and aft slack at the same height. Pre-load both in the kind of terrain you will hunt most. Deploy the legs and extend them see what you prefer there. Also plan to add a pod lock to the Harris swivel for another $30 or so. Then look at the differences to lock both and see which you prefer. They will both do the job, personal preference will be the deciding factor.

Jeff

Cheers!

Ed

More and easier adjustability in addition to greater stability. I run a Duplin on my target rifles. Makes a Harris seem primitive.

Shopped around and considered features/cost. Concluded that I didn't need all the bells and whistles offered by the $200+ models so I selected the Harris Notched Leg with swivel base (to allow for cant adjustment) in the 6-9" model. I shoot along side all of the prettier fancier models all the time and I don't see any of them performing better than my Harris.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.