bi-pods

fisherman983

so ive got a couple questions about bi-pods as im probably going to need one for my hunting season. im looking for a bi-pod that can attatch and detach fairly easily and quickly. i carry my rifle in an eberlestock pack and don't want some heavy awkward hunk of garbage hanging up on everything. i hunt blacktails mostly and my shots can be as close as 50 yards and as far as 1000 so i don't want it attatched all the time. first off, what brands are there available today, and models for each brand, ive seen some on some long range tv shows and 1 style seemed to be fairly flexible, i think it was used by gunwerks and now it looks like they are using the atlas? also what is the best/easiest and economical way i should attatch said bipod to my rifle? also, id like it to be interchangble/adaptable to my other rifles for practice and bench shooting

Look at the Stoney point rapid pivot bipod in prone size. Not the most stable but very functional and affordable. 1/2 second to put on and take off. You will find many opinions on this but out to 800 or so yards they work just fine.

Another for Atlas. I've tried 3 different Harris bipods as well as Caldwell... Love my Atlas. It isn't as stiff as my Harris bipods and therefore I get less bipod hop which makes it easier to manage recoil and easier to see hits even as close as 300 yards with my .338.

SL

Atlas hands down. The QD model is on/off quickly & easily. It will interchange on any rifle as long as you have the pic rail on your stock.

t

I have a GG&G with the QD mount and I really like it. It is worth checking out if you have not seen them (gggaz.com). I have not shot over an Atlas but have heard lots of good things about them.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts