Bi Pods

chain

What is a good Bi Pod for hunting for a tall guy? I look at the different sizes and get confused. Although the older I get the easier it is to confuse me. Thanks

Harris makes a 13 1/2 by 27" bipod. but if you want a standing one then look into Stoney point and Tony Diebold shooting rests, they are more like sticks, they don't attach to the rifle.

I always carry the Stoney Point telescoping bipod, when out in the field. The model I use can be utilized in the prone position or any other, including standing. This unit permits sitting/standing with the rifle shouldered for an extended period of time without fatigue. Since it does not connect with the rifle (as in attached), the bipod can be used on uneven terrain and the rifle can easily be moved from side to side to track moving game.

Hope this helps.

I have a couple of harris bipods but like my stoney point sticks much better. They do not attach to the rifle and can be used as a walking stick to some degree(I would not place all my weight on them).

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> I have a couple of harris bipods but like my stoney point sticks much better. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto - that seems to be the consensus of the experts here. Since I'm no expert I won't jink the proclamation:)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.