Bi pods and bags for PRS

NodakTed

Hey all,

Im just getting started in LR shooting and looking eventually to run some PRS matches for fun. I have a MPA rifle on its way and looking for suggestions to add additional needed items during the wait time.

what type or models of bi pods are most running and bag configuration. looking for a front bag and then a squeeze type for the rear to start and will add any other suggested items also.

The chassis does have the RAT rail so set up for Arca accessories. Any help is appreciated and feel free to take to into any direction we feel fit.

Ted

Just realized I grabbed the wrong area for this post, if an admin would like to move it that's just fine. It might be better suited in the Long range shooting area. I'm not sure how or if I'm able to do that myself.

Just show up to a match. Someone wherever you are will have gear you can borrow. Especially if your teammate is experienced.
PRS and relative gear talk gets ridiculous, and you won't believe how many new people show up with a bunch of gear and never use it. Better just to figure out what you need by yourself.

However, if you're not going to listen the greater number of guys that go to nationals run:
Game changers
Tab gear bags
And pump pillows.

Bipods you'll see are all over the place. From Harris, atlas, cyke, trg etc. Harris is probably the most overwhelmingly common bipod most places, atlas being the second.

Just show up to a match. Someone wherever you are will have gear you can borrow. Especially if your teammate is experienced.
PRS and relative gear talk gets ridiculous, and you won't believe how many new people show up with a bunch of gear and never use it. Better just to figure out what you need by yourself.

However, if you're not going to listen the greater number of guys that go to nationals run:
Game changers
Tab gear bags
And pump pillows.

Bipods you'll see are all over the place. From Harris, atlas, cyke, trg etc. Harris is probably the most overwhelmingly common bipod most places, atlas being the second.
Have you used the Tab Gear Pinnacle Rifle sling? It looks practical/ functional to me. Wondering if you can use one while having a backpack on.

Just go to a match and try some bags out. Everyone in prs is very helpful to new shooters and will let you borrow stuff to try it out. For a bipod to get you in the game I'd go with a harris 6-9 s with notched legs. That's what I'm running currently with a RRS ARCA rail adapted to run on my mdt chassis. Works very well. Im currently running a Armageddon gear game changer bag as my sole bag but u really want to get their schmedium game changer just because it's alittle less bulky. Pump pillows are nice but not necessary. I made my own out of a back pack stuffed with blankets. Works very well actually

Harris bipod ( notched legs one that cants) with a rrs arca adapter. It will do everything you need and is easier to deploy compared to atlas on the clock.
Gray ghost arca plate and a flat bag. Made a huge difference for me. Worth the cost.

Bags I use:
Full size game changer
Elr rear bag
Medium sized pillow bag

Have you used the Tab Gear Pinnacle Rifle sling? It looks practical/ functional to me. Wondering if you can use one while having a backpack on.
No I haven't, but they are pretty popular. I was always afraid of the metal cobra clips being anywhere around my $2+,000 optics.

I use Armageddon Gear, and Vtac. The Armageddon works better with a tripod and belt loop.

No I haven't, but they are pretty popular. I was always afraid of the metal cobra clips being anywhere around my $2+,000 optics.

I use Armageddon Gear, and Vtac. The Armageddon works better with a tripod and belt loop.
Hmm I didn't think about the metal clips. None of my gear is top tier but still, you made an excellent point. I'll check out Armageddon Gear. Thanks.

Appreciate the input folks. I do plan on getting to a shoot but couple factors limit that a bit due to location and job schedule so was looking for recommendations prior to me being able to head to a match so when I receive my rifle I can get shooting. I had tried to do some research but have been having a hard time with the right key words to get things to come up and so many options was looking for the input of folks that have used items prior to me getting to a match to experience that.

Thanks for the advice! I'll look into the recommendations

I carry a couple bipods but keep the ckye pod double pull on 99% of the time. It's the most versatile I've found when carrying only one. I use an AG schmedium bag. If I had to carry only two those would be it although I have a whole lot others I've tried.

I carry a couple bipods but keep the ckye pod double pull on 99% of the time. It's the most versatile I've found when carrying only one. I use an AG schmedium bag. If I had to carry only two those would be it although I have a whole lot others I've tried.
Appreciate that information. Always good to hear from folks that have tried a few but prefer one.

I like my Atlas Cal and Warhorse Clede, but have used a schmedium game changer and liked it a lot too. Show up to a match and don't be afraid to ask questions and people will help. If you want help on stages, tell them it's your first match and ask for someone to help, and if you don't, tell them you don't. It's a sport that you'll enjoy.

For your first match I'd not go for points and tell them you want coaching. Don't worry about the clock most times if your being coached they'll let you finish even after the timer is out. Focus on building a solid position and good trigger squeezes. I still find myself pulling shots of the plate because I jump the trigger.