Beware!!! SRS knock-offs floating around

So to clarify.....did JA have china make a bunch of srs knock offs or did he buy from a wholesaler who did? If he spent the money to have some one manufacturer them, he spent a boat load of money to do so. To have a line set up to run only a few pieces would be astronomical at minimum. Now if he is making them himself and not labeling them srs or exact duplicates.....good for him.

So to clarify.....did JA have china make a bunch of srs knock offs or did he buy from a wholesaler who did? If he spent the money to have some one manufacturer them, he spent a boat load of money to do so. To have a line set up to run only a few pieces would be astronomical at minimum. Now if he is making them himself and not labeling them srs or exact duplicates.....good for him.
To my knowledge JA's product were American made.

I checked and don't see where they are branded as SRS. I have 4 SRS Arca + Pic rails and when this popped up yesterday I went and looked to see how different they were than the pictures because I believe I ordered all 4 from JA and all 4 are actual SRS brand rails. The rails in the picture are similar but clearly are not SRS brand. I will still order from JA (currently waiting on a pure precision altitude for a long action Savage) but if I need another Arca + Pic rail would get the original SRS because I like the way they look better and know they are quality plus SRS has cool stickers :).
Zoom in on the rails on the right that say salmon river solution

All in all it sounds like someone is going to get called to court. Tho the products are similar they are not the same . It may be a slight change but it is not the same . There has not been any proof of counterfeit parts in srs packaging . I haven't done business with ja or srs but Ja is just a retailer selling a product. If Ja was marketing srs products then switching them with plan b products knowingly then there would be a issue with how they marketed plan b products and srs would have a legitimate gripe. Again not much for proof unless the e- mail client ordered a srs product and was knowingly sent the other . Might just be a case of the picker grabbing the incorrect product.

I'm all for fast second strategy and a free market, But… there's a big difference in improving on someone's design or business model and launching your improved, branded product( like Yeti vs Blue Coolers), or having someone create a cheaper, unbranded product then quietly start selling a copy that your customer base assumes is the original.

Too bad J&A didn't make it abundantly clear these were not SRS products. If I were Wes, I would make some obvious improvements, rebrand the items and move foreword. Both companies should remove references to each other on their websites and social media then move on.

I'm not sure this is the case but couldn't they still have stock they purchased for sale before this breakup?

Edit***which makes the OP's post even more low blow!!*** maybe they should buy their stock back. Removes all doubt
Looks like that's the case. Doing a search it still shows 3 products by SRS.

IMG_1008.png

I'm all for fast second strategy and a free market, But… there's a big difference in improving on someone's design or business model and launching your improved, branded product( like Yeti vs Blue Coolers), or having someone create a cheaper, unbranded product then quietly start selling a copy that your customer base assumes is the original.

Too bad J&A didn't make it abundantly clear these were not SRS products. If I were Wes, I would make some obvious improvements, rebrand the items and move foreword. Both companies should remove references to each other on their websites and social media then move on.
I think SRS can't wait to move on now. He came in like a pit bull and left like a chihuahua.