Better to Not Know?

Muddyboots

So I was doing some maintenance cleaning of the safe and pulled out the infamous .270TH and thought "gee wonder what it weighs?". Now why would I ever put it in scale? Love how it shoots and handles but nooooo I had to put it on scale. WTHello was I thinking?

Put it on scale and oh oh. Weighed in at 11.5. I was thinking around 10 so another reason why my fish are heavier😱.

So I guess I will take some food out of my pack. Nah, I will live with it. Just didn't seem to be that heavy or the performance made me think it was "light"! I think I will pass on weighing any more rifles that I really like!

Yeah....never cared until I started hunting with a Sendero. Nope....did not stop hunting with it for a few years and just started checking weight a few years ago. There is nothing wrong with lying about fish size and where you shot the big buck. I guided Salmon/Steelhead for almost 13 years. I would always tell clients....it is as long and heavy as you want it to be unless we put it on the lie detector. Your choice just if you go for the lie detector you can never lie about it. Most put it on....some said they were perfectly happy with their estimate. If you lie about your fishing than you are a true fisherman.

Recent Posts