dont know what to think.

JMO but this is another thread that keeps me away from 6mm. Smallest I've got so far is a 6.5-284 and I will be using it this November in SC and KY for the 1st time. No one has to convince me the 6mm bullets kill. I know they do. They just don't do it in the fashion I prefer. The only time I've ever seen anything drop with a 6mm bullet is on those LRH videos from BOTW and the youtube video where John Burns takes some lady hunting and she dumps a cow elk at 600 or so yards with a 243.

My preference is simple. If I expect the animal to travel after I shoot it, I'm using archery. I expect it to drop and not travel at all or very little if I have a firearm. Of course it doesn't always turn out like I hope. My Colorado bear I just killed on the 4th made it about 4-5 feet after I dumped him.

I wouldn't be worried too much about .25 caliber. I've had zero issues shooting deer with my .257 Wby.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.