Check this out and let me know what you think

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
meichele,

Where is this heading? Looks pretty fair to me. Looks like a lot of work. ALso looks well put together (GUI) and quite user friendly.

How's this sound: Give a fella a program and frustrate him for a day. Teach a fella to program and frustrate him for life! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep up the good work.....

I see you have programed before!!

Where is this heading? Well, as of right now, the original Reloaders Archive is being completly overhauled. Mostly to make it more user friendly and to add a real ballistic calculator to it. The work is actualy been done, I am just finishing up with getting my copywrites up to date and adding some security features.

I am also making some much smaller programs that are parts of the reloaders archive with out the whole data base. For instance, some shooters like the reticle optimizer but dont like the rest of the program, so "Crack Shot" will be just the reticle analyzing part of the reloaders archive. Also, I will be offering the ballistic calculator as a stand alone as well for those that want a economical yet high performance ballistic calculator that is also easy to use. I am trying to make it as easy to use as Barnes Bullets calculator, but yet with the versatility of RSI and possibly even greater accuracy than the RSI.

Hope that helps.

looks great but when do I get to use it to see if it works??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

since most guys will be using this for LRH, what drag f. are you considering so that the input BC is correct?

is it posible to add a mil. correction window ?

By default, the program uses the G1, however, there is a field for "ballistic coefficient decy rate" LR shooters can adjust that field to help match their real world bullet drops. I am concidering adding other various functions, such as mil corrections ect...

Hope that helps some!

Ric, costs can be found at the bottom of this page http://www.maeichele.addr.com/Rifles.htm

LRH.com discount applies to reloader's archive and crack shot. 25% off. The stand alone calculator will still be $10.00 USD.

On a side note, the current crack shot demo has no ballistic calculations, it only calculates where your bullets will fall in relation to each hold over using your inputed bullet drops. The new crack shot, when finished will have ballistic calculation fields in it, but only for the ranges specified by the user. Say you want mil 1-5 to be used 100 yards apart, it will give you 5 ranges and your drops automaticaly for those ranges. If you are using the NP-R2 you can set them up in 100 yard increments or 100 up to 700 and then set them for 50 after that...whatever you decide.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts