Better eye relief

hammer111

I have a Tikka t3 and I have a Nikon monarch ucc 4x14 its a good scope but I need a little more eye relief.

I'm looking at a vortex viper 4 x 12 x 40, it says 3.1' eye relief. I don't know what the monarch is. Is the vortex good.

Or is there better in the vortex price range. Im not going to say it's because my eyes are getting weaker, because I'm in denial :D. Thanks.

Leupold VX II. I really like my viper 4-12x40 but had the same prob and went with the leupold on another rifle for the eye relief. Only thing I feel like I'm missing in the leupold is the side focus but so far pretty happy with it. I actually went with the VX 1 in 4-12 with the LR retical and the glass in my opinion is a touch better on the VX 1 , but that is a subjective opinion.

Eye relief on any scope (except a handgun scope) is entirely dependent on magnification, IOW, the higher you have the magnification set at, the less eye relief there is. Furthermore, the higher the magnification is, the narrower the field of view is.

Most scopes list eye relief at minimum magnification.

Most of the Nikon Monarch have 3.7 to 4 inches of eye relief depending on the magnification level. You are not likely to find a scope with much more eye relief. I would look at different mounts so that the existing scope could be moved forward on the rifle to put the scope where it needs to be.

Yes, there is another scope which has more eye relief within the Vortex price range.

It is SIGHTRON SIII. It is an amazing scope and very good glass for that price.

Well known scope for F-Class competition.

Thanks for the suggestions . I just spent a lot of money on a dead nuts 1 piece mount for the rifle. I can't move the scope back or the mount.

So could I put a rail under it that would allow me to move everything back. Who offers that.

Badger Performance or EGW, but, keep in mind that it will raise the scope and increase the distance from the centerline of the barrel to the centerline of the scope and you may not be able to shoulder it properly.

Thanks for the suggestions . I just spent a lot of money on a dead nuts 1 piece mount for the rifle. I can't move the scope back or the mount.

So could I put a rail under it that would allow me to move everything back. Who offers that.

Sell it and get something you can use. We all do that sometimes. No big deal. I think that was good advice on getting rings and rail that will allow you to mount the scope on the rifle so you can get the eye relief you need. Cheaper that changing scope, I would guess. Good luck.

Hehe barrelnut that was my idea :cool:.I'd never get rid of a scope because I'm always getting rifles.

In fact it will fit nicely on my new cz 22. I jus did the rail trick on my 1100 and it worked.

I've been wanting a scope worry of the tikka.

what caliber is the tikka? more eye relief isn't the free lunch that most people seem to spout on the forums. There are downsides to it. pretty much any leupold offers more than the jap made scopes. also zeiss conquests have quite a bit of eye relief. unless the tikka is a magnum if your having eye relief trouble I would suggest making sure the scope is mounted correctly and checking your form holding the gun.

Cummins I have a 7 mm 08.

Barrel nut it's cool , but I paid 80 bucks for that mount. I gotta keep it.

I talked to Santa Claus and she said ahhh ahh he said I can have a vx3 4x16x44 aol.

I gotta be real good.

Well Santa and I had a disagreement when she ahhh he saw the price of a vx3.

So I got a vx2 4 x 12. So. That's a pretty good scope too right.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.