Scope eye relief

Rilow

What amount of eye relief would some of you guys look for in a scope for 338 win mag. Looking at specs of different scopes seems Leupold has more generous eye relief than some of other brands. Looking for opinions on what some of you guys would want for above rifle. Thanks

are you asking due to recoil ?? adjust the distance of whatever scope you get while prone , if it doesn't reach your face then, it never will
4-16 mag ,

are you asking due to recoil ?? adjust the distance of whatever scope you get while prone , if it doesn't reach your face then, it never will
4-16 mag ,
Yes. I had a scope with not much eye relief on rifle that due to recoil had too take off. Just curious to what you guys look for when putting scope on a harder recoiling rifle.

Had to pull the Sightron off my 06 altra lite before it got me AGAIN! The Vortex I replaced it with has 4" of relief and I mounted it as far forward as I could, has not even come close to scoping me :cool:

Had to pull the Sightron off my 06 altra lite before it got me AGAIN! The Vortex I replaced it with has 4" of relief and I mounted it as far forward as I could, has not even come close to scoping me :cool:
đź‘Ť

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts