Best powder for both .223 and .308?

No... good catch, don't know what I was thinking, that number is with the OAL gauge bullet comparartor which is 1.0" longer off the o-jive... it should be 2.285" off the meplat of the bullet, that's in my rifle anyway...sorry... the wife was buzzing around me. 😉
No problem. I get the honey thing;). Really appreciate the data. Very similar to mine.

No... good catch, don't know what I was thinking, that number is with the OAL gauge bullet comparartor which is 1.0" longer off the o-jive... it should be 2.285" off the meplat of the bullet, that's in my rifle anyway...sorry... the wife was buzzing around me. 😉
Believe it ot nor. I've been trying using a pile of W846 I have been sitting on for some time. Works OK for 223-55, 62, 69, and 77 gn. In my AR. Haven't got around to using it on 308 yet.

Believe it ot nor. I've been trying using a pile of W846 I have been sitting on for some time. Works OK for 223-55, 62, 69, and 77 gn. In my AR. Haven't got around to using it on 308 yet.
I'm sure it works fine, near the BL-C2 range, what type of .308 do you have perhaps you said? I'm kinda thinking it's more in line with the M1A guns, I'm sure it works well in your .223 if loading to 5.56x45 NATO pressure.

I'm sure it works fine, near the BL-C2 range, what type of .308 do you have perhaps you said? I'm kinda thinking it's more in line with the M1A guns, I'm sure it works well in your .223 if loading to 5.56x45 NATO pressure.
I have an AR308, self built. Based on a DPMS Oracle. I kept the upper, lower, and bolt carrier. Just about everything else I replaced. Criterion match M118 profile barrel. Superlative adj gas block. JP high pressure bolt. This is my workhorse. I have an M1A, but it's in pieces. 1950s vintage. Trying to restore it for a few years now. Priorities being what they are. And a Bergara HMR Pro 308 and this summer I will get a Savage Elite 110 in 308. I would like to use the W846 for the AR308, mostly 150 and 168 gn. But I think its a little to fast for 175 or 180+. Works great in my 223. It's a Core15 made by GTO in FL. A small company I happened on in 2014. Great gun, one of the few small AR makers that made barrels. Dont know if they still do though. My wife and I both have one. 15k through mine, never a problem. Pulled my wife's down to replace a shotout barrel. Will replace it next month. Going SS this time in 18in. Should work ok, I home.

I have an AR308, self built. Based on a DPMS Oracle. I kept the upper, lower, and bolt carrier. Just about everything else I replaced. Criterion match M118 profile barrel. Superlative adj gas block. JP high pressure bolt. This is my workhorse. I have an M1A, but it's in pieces. 1950s vintage. Trying to restore it for a few years now. Priorities being what they are. And a Bergara HMR Pro 308 and this summer I will get a Savage Elite 110 in 308. I would like to use the W846 for the AR308, mostly 150 and 168 gn. But I think its a little to fast for 175 or 180+. Works great in my 223. It's a Core15 made by GTO in FL. A small company I happened on in 2014. Great gun, one of the few small AR makers that made barrels. Dont know if they still do though. My wife and I both have one. 15k through mine, never a problem. Pulled my wife's down to replace a shotout barrel. Will replace it next month. Going SS this time in 18in. Should work ok, I home.
So you have an M1A on the healing bench, that needs to rock and roll... The M1A is my go-to rifle with my M118 OTM clone using the 168gr Serria Mk, it's a machine out to 1k. Have you ever thought about the Savage straight-pull action the Impulse? I think it's a real sleeper. I think you can use the W846 in the .308 just stay with the 147gr/150gr or 155gr bullets.
I thought I responded to this earlier ??? 🤔 Cheers.
Resized_20190831_085259 (1).jpeg
Resized_20190831_085228001.jpeg

So you have an M1A on the healing bench, that needs to rock and roll... The M1A is my go-to rifle with my M118 OTM clone using the 168gr Serria Mk, it's a machine out to 1k. Have you ever thought about the Savage straight-pull action the Impulse? I think it's a real sleeper. I think you can use the W846 in the .308 just stay with the 147gr/150gr or 155gr bullets.
I thought I responded to this earlier ??? 🤔 Cheers. View attachment 361420View attachment 361421
Sweet pew pew. I'll be thankful if mine comes out looking like that! Nice job. You did say about the W846. Loading 135, 150, and 155 this weekend. Might try a few 168s for giggles. I scored a pile of new pulled down LC brass last year. Try to fire them next week. Looked at Impulse Elite Precision. Why did you have to go and tell me about this? Now I go through all the decision paradigms again. Oh the bother! ;) My wife will skin me if I even mention an increase in funding for my new gun. She signed off on 2k minus scope. If I can find one for that, this might be a player. Of course, I could wait until Sep/Oct and put away a few more $$$. We'll see. Hmmmm.......

Sweet pew pew. I'll be thankful if mine comes out looking like that! Nice job. You did say about the W846. Loading 135, 150, and 155 this weekend. Might try a few 168s for giggles. I scored a pile of new pulled down LC brass last year. Try to fire them next week. Looked at Impulse Elite Precision. Why did you have to go and tell me about this? Now I go through all the decision paradigms again. Oh the bother! ;) My wife will skin me if I even mention an increase in funding for my new gun. She signed off on 2k minus scope. If I can find one for that, this might be a player. Of course, I could wait until Sep/Oct and put away a few more $$$. We'll see. Hmmmm.......
Good luck on the 168gr weight hope it works out. Yep, Impulse might just do everything you want and then some. I've been thinking of building on one myself, I'm thinking more of a dedicated LR stick on that Savage straight-pull. But... as a fast handing woods/scout rifle, well, I think it would shine ✨ like a diamond in a goat's "a" Cheers

Good luck on the 168gr weight hope it works out. Yep, Impulse might just do everything you want and then some. I've been thinking of building on one myself, I'm thinking more of a dedicated LR stick on that Savage straight-pull. But... as a fast handing woods/scout rifle, well, I think it would shine ✨ like a diamond in a goat's "a" Cheers
I know 168 is a bit heavy for using W846. But I have bullet stock at the moment and I'm loading other weights, so I thought I'd put a few in the pile and see. Who knows, you know how different guns like different powders, bullets, and primers. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That straight pull from Savage looks real nice for maintenance and changing barrels too. Never used one. No experience with them.

That straight pull from Savage looks real nice for maintenance and changing barrels too. Never used one. No experience with them.
I've shot a couple over the years, actually very nice handling rifles. I still have a Swiss K-31 7.5x55mm and it shoots like a house on fire.

K31 005.jpg