Best MOA based Long Range Hunting Scope around $1000??

I was hoping to find one at a decent price since the have been discontinued and replaced with the vx6 HD models.
Scopes of my choice come with hefty price tags also. I've done really well being patient and buying a few used scopes of my choice used through this sites classifieds. As the new and improved come in people sell what we're happy with for a bit cheaper. Do your research and ask questions. You may get what you want at a good price.

I just got a 7mm mag and I am trying to decide what to put on it. It will be used for hunting and some target shooting. I am wanting a 20-25x or so, no smaller than 30mm tube, 50mm obj possibly 44mm, with moa adjustments and an moa based reticle, not real heavy or long under 30oz and 15". I would like to have turret caps because it will be put in a backpack scabbard. I would like to stay around $1000. I have looked at vortex, Leupold, Sightron mainly but I was wanting some input from guys here on the forum. Any info you have reviews, scope suggestions, pros cons, another brand or model I may not have consider etc... thanks!!

Look at the Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with the MOA-2 reticle. It's a really good scope for the price point and I absolutely love the reticle, But, for $1279 you could purchase a Swarovski Z5 5-25x scope. You won't find better glass. I haven't seen one yet, but you may consider a Zeiss Conquest V6 or buy a used HD5. Their glass is exceptional and the new V6 line looks to be even better. I probably muddied the water more than I helped. I've been in your same dilemma. All I've done is slowly purchase better optics and then play musical scopes and swap them out on to different rifles. The "cheapest" scope I own now is a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x Boone & Crocket reticle. I loved this scope when I got it years ago, and its perfect on my 6.5 Grendel now. I own a NF ATACR, Sightron SIII, Swarovski Z5 & 2 Zeiss Conquest HD5's. All great scopes that work best on the specific rifles I have them on

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts