Best hand priming tool

Laelkhunter

Been looking to purchase a hand priming tool. Looking at Lee, Hornady, or RCBS.
All are priced similarly, but the RCBS uses the existing shell holders for the RCBS press, the others need their own shell holders. Which priming tools work, and which should be avoided?

I reposted this in the Reloading Equipt section. Thought it would belong there instead

Last edited:
L, try the RCBS Universal Hand Priming Tool part#90201 $59.95 free ship at Amazon. Doesn't need a shell holder which eliminates switching/installing shell holders. Has a sliding gate to hold primers in tray until needed. Very handy and seems smoother to operate than the other RCBS type.

I use a Lee Precision Ram Prime it comes with a large primer guide and a small primer guide for large and small rifle primers it's $15.00

The most 'accurate' is the indicated K&M, and this is what I consider 'best'.
Your Best would have to be defined

The most 'accurate' is the indicated K&M, and this is what I consider 'best'.
Your Best would have to be defined

'accurate' hand priming tool? I don't understand what you mean, could you explain please.

Maybe I am being obtuse but is still don't understand how that is more accurate than a Lee hand priming tool.

lee gets my vote, been flawless for years, i actually have two, one set up for lrg pimers one for small

Maybe I am being obtuse but is still don't understand how that is more accurate than a Lee hand priming tool.

Obviously you don't need it.

Only a competition benchrest shooters would consider it. Consistent seating depth is important for ultimate precision.

Much like the seating pressure gauge for the K&M arbor press. Neck tension. Is important.too!

I used the, Lee, RCBS,and the other similar hand seaters with frustration. About six years ago I bought a Co-Ax Forster primer seater. While a compact bench seater, its fast and with a very reliable design that quickly adjusts to fit any case and will handle stubborn cases/primers with perfection. It has excellent seating feel. It doesn't have to be screwed to the table top to operate. I will never go back to a hand primer.

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 104
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.