Best factory ammo for my girlfriend's 6.5 CM

My wife's Savage Lady Hunter likes 129 Hornady SST's and and mine likes Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X.
Y'all's deer up there are heavier than ours. There have been some cases here where the 143 out of the Creedmore has not performed very well when placed behind the shoulder resulting in lost deer or very difficult trailing. Here I encourage folks using them to shoot more forward in order to hit bone which helps the bullet perform on our smaller white tails. Certainly not looking to start any arguments but rather just discussing what we have seen. On your more heavily muscled more dense animals they may be perfect.

Y'all's deer up there are heavier than ours. There have been some cases here where the 143 out of the Creedmore has not performed very well when placed behind the shoulder resulting in lost deer or very difficult trailing. Here I encourage folks using them to shoot more forward in order to hit bone which helps the bullet perform on our smaller white tails. Certainly not looking to start any arguments but rather just discussing what we have seen. On your more heavily muscled more dense animals they may be perfect.
Skinny deer = skinny bullet! 😂💥👍

It's interesting that the 6.5cm is often "enough" for a female, but deemed inadequate for a male (who probably shoots more often).

Just goes to show that the headstamp on the brass doesn't matter that much. And being able to put the shot where you want, is easier with less recoil.
Indeed. I more often than not grab my creedmore for everything. It's taken it fair share of elk and most just a touch over 600 yards with a tiny 123gr hammer.

Three seasons ago I had all the time in the world to set up my shot. 550 yards with a 143ELDX, the cow elk only took a couple of steps and fell over. I hit her exactly in the heart. It felt like it actually took a long time for the bullet to even get down to her, if she would have taken a step or turned around I definatly wouldn't have been as pleased. No blood shot meat, but I won't ever shoot that far with a Creed again. Just seemed like it didn't hit hard enough for me. Will be keeping creed shots inside of 400. Not cause it didn't work but I felt I was on the cusp of it not expanding.-WW
ps. I've used a lot of Barnes and inside of 500 it works fine, same with Hammers.
If that 143 was going 2950FPS MV, TOF was only around .631sec. Retained velocity should be around 2320fps and energy on target was over 1700ft/lbs. That is plenty for elk...even out to 700ish. Or deer out to 1k+ before you hit that 1800fps threshold. I would take those over Barnes any day.

If that 143 was going 2950FPS MV, TOF was only around .631sec. Retained velocity should be around 2320fps and energy on target was over 1700ft/lbs. That is plenty for elk...even out to 700ish. Or deer out to 1k+ before you hit that 1800fps threshold. I would take those over Barnes any day.
Only problem is most guys can't get them up to that speed. I could not come close to that with mine and a 22" barrel.