Best factory ammo for my girlfriend's 6.5 CM

Overkill338

Where I'm living now, I don't have the space to set up my loading equipment. Anyway, I got her a rifle I knew she could handle, being that she is new to rifle shooting. Plus, it has a ton of options. Any of you that know me, know I like heavy for caliber bullets.

So I'm thinking the 140 Tipped Game King, Nosler 140 Accubond, or the Barnes 127 VOR-TX. I see S&B has a 156.

Shots will be 150 yards tops for her. So maybe I shouldn't worry about the bonded stuff? Heck, I dont know, I been out of the game for quite some time now. Im scope shopping too....fun

I think that's going to be tough to chamber in his rifle....

OP - Lots of great options for the 6.5 CM in factory rounds. Personally, I'd lean towards the Hornady 140 ELDM match ammo. They seem to have that ammo (across multiple cartridges) dialed in very well.
So the Match bullet is still being used for hunting. Is it producing DRT results?

ELDM is a great bullet - we've killed quite a few animals with them in various calibers/weights.

Most 6.5 CMs have a 1:8 twist that will handle the 147 fine. I'm not sure about a 1:9.25, you'd need to toss that into a stability calculator to find out. What rifle do you have?

You may like heavy for caliber, but for VA deer 200 yards and in I would go with lighter like 120-130 grain. Less recoil for your gal, and plenty for deer. Practically speaking just about any load will work for your application if you can get her practiced and comfortable shooting accurately. Pick a load you can get enough of so she can get enough rounds down range to be proficient and your set.

+1 for the eldm my 9 year old dropped a monster whitetail at 302 last year with 130eldm 6.5cm. I've killed several with the same load and one this week with the 162 7prc none of them have ran off. All broadside shot.