Best factory 300wsm

Yup, ^^^ OR,. Tikka, T-3 SS, Lite ( You'll NEED, a Brake on it, tho ! ) really LOVE my, .270 WSM Tikka ( I prefer, UN-Braked ! ).
3/4 MOA on, a Bad Day,.. 1/2 MOA on MY, "good Days" with,140 gr. AccuBonds or, Bergers !
I can;t "Handle" the Recoil of, 200 + grain Boolitz, on sub 8 pound Rifles any more and the last 2 Bulls that, I shot died, just as Dead as, my .338 Win Mag., used to, kill them !
Awesome SPEED with, Berger's,.. Kill !

Last edited:
2K I hope includes scope mounts and ammo!! If you want a short one with no brake Savage Storm 110, Tikka. Long one Browning X Bolt.

Looking for a 300wsm for elk hunting, factory rifle under $2k
Thanks

I know you said factory but..............I'd buy a used Kimber Montana and have it rebarreled to one of Lilja's with the Kimber contour which would put it about .62" at the muzzle. The bugger will feed well and you can't say that for a lot of outfits that feed out of a box....

Second choice if it had to be stock factory no doubt would be a Model 70 EW

Anyone have feedback on the savage ultralight in this caliber?
My father just got a Savage Ultralight in 300 WSM and I helped him put some initial rounds through it two weeks ago. He hasn't done any load development yet but the first load was probably .75ish without trying too hard. While the action isn't smooth, overall it's a really nice gun that I think he'll enjoy carrying in the hills.

My CA Ridgeline was a very accurate rifle. Took it on my first western big game hunt. My brother bought a CA Mesa in 308, that rifle too is a very accurate rifle. If the $2k is supposed to include scope and mounts the Tikka is very hard to argue with. My Bergara was a sub MOA rifle out of the box too. Lots of good options out there right now.

Last edited:
Grabagun has some "Grab a Quote" deals on CA's which will probably knock a few hundred dollars off the $2k list price. Also have an X-bolt for $1100. I would consider either of those before any Savage.

I just got a Ridgeline from Cabela's for $1699. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet as I was looking for brass to reload with. I came across normashooting.com and picked up 5 boxes of fully loaded ammo - 180gr Bondstrike for $46.79 and free shipping. If someone else is looking that is a pretty good deal. I think the free shipping offer ends 5/23.

1653258750880.png

Recent Posts