Hammer Bullets in 300wsm for Elk

I haven't tried Hammers yet, but I shot my first bull with a 140 gr. Barnes X bullet out of a 7mm RM. It worked well, but I didn't get an exit. I switched to 160 gr. after that. The equivalent SD for .30 cal. would be 180 gr. Let us know how the Hammers work on your elk.

Alright I broke down down and ordered a sample pack (15) of the .308 154 HHT to try in my 300 wsm. All I have for powder that I think should work is H4350. Not going to lie, I like my lead. I know they need velocity, what's the minimum effective velocity so I can determine my limits. Running a Tikka 300 wsm 1:11 twist. I have new Winchester and Norma brass. Fed 215 and CCI 250 primer. Anyone got any data drop me line.

Did you talk to Steve? The HHT's load close to same as the HH's . Look at the Hammer Load Data compilations and find a Hammer Hunter close to the same weight for the 300WSM . That should give you a starting point. Call Steve Monday and talk to him with out fail.

1:10. Go tell my rifle that. It shoots ragged holes.
Or tell the guy that makes the bullets....there is more to it than just accuracy, terminal performance can be hindered by using less than optimal twist. Being close may make it rare for a failure, but an unstable bullet is just that.
Screenshot_20230715-133954_Samsung Internet.jpg

Recent Posts