Best brand of cases for 7mag?

RemingtonMagnum

I've always used odds and ends brass whatever I could find for my reloads. I'm building a costom Remington 700 7mag so thought I'd do it right with this gun. I've never bought brass before to reload so just wondering what brands you guys like best. Thanks for any input!

I used to use Winchester brass for everything. Then about 4 years ago, I bought a new batch , and the cull rate was really high. Also, I have noticed that the brass is much thinner now. I know this because I had the weight written down from a super accurate sendero that I had years ago. The new stuff is MUCH lighter. Federal is just as bad. My favorite brass is Norma. Another very good brass is Nosler. They are darn near as good as Lapua and Norma, if not AS good. The domestic stuff seems to have lousy neck tension. I have even seen a entire bag of brass with the primer flash hole off center. All of the above is just "IMHO", but I think most will agree. Give those two some thought, either is very good. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL, lightbulb 7STW

I use Winchester cases on most of the calibers I load for,but in the 7mag,I've always used Remington cases and have had long life and very,very few case failures.

Norma unless I could find RWS. Nosler has had some neck consistency issues in other cartridges so I haven't tried it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.