Best bonded bullet?

Pat S.

Which one of the new bonded bullets in 165-180 gr. seems to be giving the best accuracy and performance on deer and elk sized animals? I'm looking for something for my .30-06'.

Thanks, Pat S.

You might try the 180gr Nosler Accubond. I use the 180gr in my 308 and it shoots pretty good so far - still working on getting the right load, but so far they shoot awesome.

I'll second the 180 Accubond. <.5MOA, reasonable BC, and good performance on the three bears we took this spring. 70 yrds, 338 yrds, and 500 yrds. The 70 yrder was a touch messy but I'm pushing these bullets at 3500 fps, and the bear is dead. I haven't tried the Swifts or the Interbond.

I have shot the interbonds in 165gr and they were very accurate.

Just remember that a bonded bullet is still only as effective as the expansion characteristics of its jacket. Doesn't do much good if all the lead is stuck to the jacket but it looks like a sunflower.

Impact vel will still determine penetration characteristics. Neither the Nosler or Hornady bonded bullets are substantial tougher then their non bonded cousins.

I hunt with an '06 and 165gr SST. At 2700fps, it will never come apart and gives superb on game performance. This will be one of the rifles I will be using on Canadian moose shortly. This bullet has shown its ability to penetrate through several feet of deer guts before exiting with a sizeable hole.

What more can you ask for???

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.