Bonded matrix bullets?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by widgeon, Sep 11, 2018.

1. widgeon

widgeon New Member

I am looking for a heavy bullet for my new 6.5prc. Does any one have any experience with the bonded matrix hunting bullets? I'm looking at the 160 gr . I need a bullet that will perform well from close (blacktails) to 800 yard (mule deer and elk) thanks leonard

2. ramrod79

ramrod79 Well-Known Member

I asked the same thing the other day from an experienced gentleman. I was told just to use the standard 160 I would be better off and for the cost WOW better not need to shoot a lot of them.

3. widgeon

widgeon New Member

Thanks for the input. I was a little worried when they didn't list a bonded price.

4. ramrod79

ramrod79 Well-Known Member

They are 105 for 50.

5. widgeon

widgeon New Member

That is definitely in the WOW cost category

6. Longtooth32

Longtooth32 Well-Known Member

If you are going to spend the money for a hunt...especially for an Elk hunt...spend the money for a bonded bullet...I hit my 6x6 bull Elk at 285 yrds, muzzle velocity for my 170gr, 270 bullet was 3225fps. Berger EOL. The bull never took a step...

I lost about a quarter of the meat to "bloodshot"...

How far are you going (or want to) shoot? Minimum expansion FPS/distance ?

If you have a really fast twist...get some of the Hammer monolithic bullets...they will expand at 1800fps...and hold together at faster speeds...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    RockyMtnMT likes this.