Serria Bonded Bullets

dwm

Anyone care to offer an opinion as to why they think Serria has not offered a bonded bullet yet?

We all know they are dominant with match bullets & even though fewer people buy those,
those that do as a general rule shoot much more than other customers, therefore they still sell alot of bullets. This is not to say they could not benefit by expanding into that market & I hope they do someday, another source would only help us.

How about a Berger VLD bonded?

The Berger VLD bullets seem to work pretty well on some big game. Wonder how a bonded VLD would work. I'm thinking that the VLD works because the sharp point and nearly complele nose coverage with jacket material, abeit thin jacket, delays the expansion of the tip until it has penetrated a couple inches. I'm not sure how much of the VLD tip is hollow but I'm thinking a fair amount on most of those bullets. So whether this bullet was bonded or not, I won't think that would affect the inital expansion of the tip. But if the jacket were bonded, even with a thin jacket, this should delay the expansion after the nose begins to expand. Maybe that would be an even better hunting bullet.

Just my musings. But I do think the evolution of the hunting bullet is far from over.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.