Best bang for buck (literally) scope under 16oz and $700?

hawk45

Current rifle is wearing a big honking 28oz Weaver Tactical. Great scope but got my rig over 11 lbs. Looking to go with LW Tally's and a new scope under 16oz and $700 budget (Actually a $500 budget but I'll build the creep in from jump). Good clarity, tracking and durability. What would you guys recommend?

Sorry, I should have given more detail in my original post.
Being this is for a .308 mid-game rig, my maximum is 500 yds with most being inside 300 yds.

I would go with a leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40. They come in right at 13 oz and the glass is excellent for the price

I would go with a leupold vx3i 4.5-14x40. They come in right at 13 oz and the glass is excellent for the price

+1 on this one. I would go a little farther. 30mm tube side focus with the TS-32moa reticle. I have several of these and they are amazing out to about 1000yds. They weigh 15-16oz.

+1 on this one. I would go a little farther. 30mm tube side focus with the TS-32moa reticle. I have several of these and they are amazing out to about 1000yds. They weigh 15-16oz.

Love me a leupold. Have 4 vx-6's I use regularly.

that said for a $500. scope the vortex razor HS-t deserves a look. A little bit heavier (3 oz) than the leupold vx-3 but cheaper by about $200.

leupold has cds and capped turrets

vortex has a better reticle, target turrets and zerostop

either will do the job.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.