Best AR trigger?

bulldog64

I am new to Ar rifles, I have recently purchased a DPMS 223, the trigger has alot of creap. What are my best options for a aftermarket trigger? I Am hunting yotes with this rifle, No creap & 3lb pull would b ideal. Any comments would be appreciated.

The Giessele, hands down, no question about it. They have several variants, allowing you to choose what suits your needs best. Completely adjustable, durable and proven, they're the leaders in this field right now.

The Giessele, hands down, no question about it. They have several variants, allowing you to choose what suits your needs best. Completely adjustable, durable and proven, they're the leaders in this field right now.
I 100% agree, they make a fine product used by SOCOM in the M4A1. I have had good luck with LMT triggers on my blasters they seam to get better over time.

I'm building an AR for yotes n deer as well, but in 6.8SPC, (second AR, but first AR build) How much does the Geissele run? Can the average guy install one without too much headache. I have done a little work on Savage triggers, but never an install, and never tinkered with an AR trigger. Also, is there a good cheap-but-good-enough option?

Sorry to highjack your thread Bulldog

geissle is probably the best. i replaced mine with an rra national match. its a really nice 2 stage with a clean crisp NO CREEP break at 90$ it wont break the bank and is a HUGE upgrade from the dpms triggergun)

While the Geiselle are nice don't overlook the Wilson TTU or the American Gold trigers and I do believe that all are in the $269.00 price area with the Wilson and American gold being 1 piece and install in about 5 minutes with no adjustments needed and have a pull of 3- 3.5lbs.

The Geiselle is a great two stage trigger.

But unless you are restricted to a heavy trigger weight by rules from years ago... get an AR Gold!

The AR Gold has shorter reset movement, MUCH faster lock time and can be set to a lighter trigger weight - while maintaining 100% safety due to a unique double sear arangement.

MV

I have both Geiselle Enhanced Match and RRA match triggers on my AR's. Both are excellent two stage triggers that run in the 3.5-4# range. I'm hard pressed to feel a difference between the two. The RRA is about half the price a little over $100. The Geiselle is very well made and finely finished. I also have a Jewel on one of my AR heavy varmint/target rigs. It's fully adjustable, also can be tuned to a very crisp pull but you can only get down to 2-2.5# reliably. Been using it for four years, couple of thousand rounds through the rifle with no problems or loss of adjustment. The only issue is lots of parts and a complicated design. It costs about $230.

when you say that you want "no creap" does that mean that you would prefer a single stage trigger? 2-stage triggers take a little getting used to for most people and while i like mine in an AR i think that most people that are used to bolt guns hate them for a while. most people end up trading them in for a good timney, jp or jard single stage that will feel more like their bolt guns

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts