Best 7mm out there now

7mm varmint rifle? A little over kill but I shoot a 7mm RM Witt 180s at 3000 FPS and swear but it.

With that said, for Varmint I would be thinking 204, 6mm, 556?
Pace, your post follows mine, but I'm not sure if your comments are about my load?

Anyway, if they are, mine is hardly a "7mm Varmit rifle."
Despite the high velocity, my 155gr bullets are Hammer Hunters, not the soft-non-bonded bullets that many of you here swear by.

I recently killed a Zebra with that load which shot that penetrated 4 feet of Zebra in a straight line before it EXITED. Same with other large animals such as Kudu, Wildebeest, a Hippo's skull, and probably 20 Impala.

I have yet to recover a Hammer Bullet

Well fellas, Ive never owned a Browning rifle. The X-Bolt Stalker Long Range has caught my eye. Considering it in a 1:8 7mm Rem Mag

Browning X-Bolt Stalker Long Range - 035528282-09.jpg

The 28 Nosler (I've owned two) has $3 brass and not much factory brass available in many places. But the SAAMI chamber isn't throated very well for the 195 EOL to be honest so the answer would be yes and no to me.

The 28 Nosler will never get Lapua brass (I'd buy another one if it did and gladly eat my words).

Few rumors floating around about the 7PRC already with Lapua and at least two other high end brass manufacturers.

Pace, your post follows mine, but I'm not sure if your comments are about my load?

Anyway, if they are, mine is hardly a "7mm Varmit rifle."
Despite the high velocity, my 155gr bullets are Hammer Hunters, not the soft-non-bonded bullets that many of you here swear by.

I recently killed a Zebra with that load which shot that penetrated 4 feet of Zebra in a straight line before it EXITED. Same with other large animals such as Kudu, Wildebeest, a Hippo's skull, and probably 20 Impala.

I have yet to recover a Hammer Bullet
Love my fat thumbs…lol.

Ingwe,

I shot a spike in 2022 at 320 yards which was facing me and managed to recover the 180. Due to a slight angel it ended up on the far side behind the last rib and just under the skin…. Pretty happy with the penetration but glad it didn't get into the guts.

I have added a picture but this is the first one I have been able to recover. I don't have a scale to measure the grains but they sure do get the job done.

Best,
PC

Attachments

• IMG_2991.jpeg
    IMG_2991.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 18
I read a few pages then came to the end where you picture the browning in 7RM.

That will certainly do all you want. I'm sure it was mentioned that a 7 is a bit heavy for varmints but it all depends on what you call vermin. In Texas that includes hogs so a 7 fills the bill.

I was going to say 7 SAUM running 120-143 Hammers but if you're looking at factory I'll say 7 PRC or RM. If you reload, then go PRC. Either way you can't go wrong.