Best 7mm mag primer

I always use the Federal Match primers no matter what I load. I always use the Mag primers in the magnum cases, as long as that is what the book calls for. I get great consistency using the Federal primers. Shooting them over a chronograph they have the lease velocity deviation, for me. I know they can be hard to get sometimes. I always keep an eye out for reloading items where ever I go. I try not to be a hoarder but I have several thousand of the primers that I use. Thank you.

I always use the Federal Match primers no matter what I load. I always use the Mag primers in the magnum cases, as long as that is what the book calls for. I get great consistency using the Federal primers. Shooting them over a chronograph they have the lease velocity deviation, for me. I know they can be hard to get sometimes. I always keep an eye out for reloading items where ever I go. I try not to be a hoarder but I have several thousand of the primers that I use. Thank you.

Only a few thousand! 🙀 I'm no hoarder either……just prepared! 😉 memtb

Used to use CCI250 all the time, bought a bunch of Fed to try since everyone said they were so great. Groups were worse with them than the cci. Couple years ago, prior to covid, I bought some Rem 9.5 reg and mag, and a bunch more cci to stock up. Was making up a load for a couple bullets in my older rem700 and trying different primers. Rem primers shot a lot tighter (2 3 shot groups, all but one bullet touching, 2 different loads and 2 different bullets) so I'm using them a little more often now.

Honestly they will all work fine so use what you got. 😉

It's much more than just 'How Hot' they are. Ask benchrest 7RM shooters which primers produce best accuracy and consistency at 1000 yds. Of all things, that should tell the tale.
If I only knew a few BR 7RM Shooters. I can also see where sponsors may have an effect on their choice. Otherwise all things being equal. The consistent winners may have the answers. lol

210Match gave me the tightest groups running between 81g H1000 and 123g of H50BMG. THIS NOTION THAT 60g of powder REQUIRES a mag primer is BS. Federal came up with that quip when they introduced magnum primers…it is just a quip and not all primers have the same brisance. Hottest primers are by far Winchester…all of them including pistol.
Funny, something quipped enough over time becomes LAW…
Sure, in freezing temps with todays very slow powders, mag primers MAY make a difference, but again, it depends what you choose.

Cheers.