Which works best in 7MM ultra mag

Mine Likes Re 33 and N 570, as long as I use the heavy bullets. (160 to 190 grain).

The only thing about Re 33 is that it can become critical all of a sudden and produce High pressure.

J E CUSTOM

Ive been shooting retumbo for years. But the gunsmith thats customizing my factory sendero has researched and wants to try 869. His research shows the 869 to be the best all around powder for the 7rum.

I have already have 16lb or Re33. So thought id ask about it too.

Ive been shooting retumbo for years. But the gunsmith thats customizing my factory sendero has researched and wants to try 869. His research shows the 869 to be the best all around powder for the 7rum.

I have already have 16lb or Re33. So thought id ask about it too.

Re 33 is a good powder and I use quite a bit of it. Mostly for fire forming new cases @ lower pressures because it does a good job. But as stated earlier, It can go critical with just a 2/10ths gain in the powder charge. I also sometimes use it to break in barrels. Personally I have not found it to be as accurate as other powders so When it's all gone I won't buy anymore unless I have to.

When I bought the Re 33 It was a new powder and was designed for the Lapua, so I tried it in cartridges close to the same capacity and it worked well except when I began upping the charge to near book max and discovered the pressure spike.

It seems to be at it's best at Medium velocity charges.

J E CUSTOM

Re 33 is a good powder and I use quite a bit of it. Mostly for fire forming new cases @ lower pressures because it does a good job. But as stated earlier, It can go critical with just a 2/10ths gain in the powder charge. I also sometimes use it to break in barrels. Personally I have not found it to be as accurate as other powders so When it's all gone I won't buy anymore unless I have to.

When I bought the Re 33 It was a new powder and was designed for the Lapua, so I tried it in cartridges close to the same capacity and it worked well except when I began upping the charge to near book max and discovered the pressure spike.

It seems to be at it's best at Medium velocity charges.

J E CUSTOM
Thanks..yeah i bought mine for the 338 lapua

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.