Best .338 long range precision barrel???

Thanks outlaw. I still may give boots a call and see what length and twist he recommends then purchase one that matches from bugholes.

Because I bought a replacement one piece fluted bolt from Dave Kiff out at PT&G with a magnum bolt face for the win mag before I decided to rebarrel and I can't send it back. Plus all my brass and dies are win mag. If I can use the same bolt I would love to do that as that mimics the ballistics of the .338 Lapua the best! Any suggestions guys? And so far lilja has the vote. Keep the info coming guys. Thanks.

All of the Ultra Mags are .534 the win mag is .532 You would not have to change bolts or modify
the bolt face.

Look under The gunsmithing thread and the first sticky addresses bolt faces.

J E CUSTOM

I went with a Hart barrel for my 338-300 RUM based on past experience with Hart and a talk with Shawn Carlock.

At the time, Krieger had a SS 338 #6 in stock that would have worked perfectly and I basically tossed a coin.

I have several Lilja barrels and none have let me down. In fact, after seeing what my rifles did at the range a buddy of mine sent 2 rifles for work done and both now wear Lilja steel.

A lot of research and phone calls on my part led me to Rock Creek for my 338. Couldn't be happier. If you're not interested in a super accurate cut rifled barrel backed by one of the most knowledgeable and customer service oriented makers in the biz, don't call Mike Rock.

A lot of research and phone calls on my part led me to Rock Creek for my 338. Couldn't be happier. If you're not interested in a super accurate cut rifled barrel backed by one of the most knowledgeable and customer service oriented makers in the biz, don't call Mike Rock.

Agreed! My Rock 338 shoots lights out!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.