Best 1000 yard group ever for me

Ernie

SPONSOR
It is nice when you combine good quality components with good conditions.
All of these things came together for me this past weekend while shooting at 1,000 yards.
This is my best 5-shot group at 1,000 yards.
I know a good number of you routinely do this good and better, but recently I have only been able to shoot one 1,000 yard match each year.
Eric Wallace (Nawakwa Accuracy) built this rig and it shoots and tracks like a dream.
Non-designated BAT action, 1-9 twist Bartlein barrel chambered in 7mm WSM, Nawakwa brake, Jewell trigger, Nawakwa bench stock (6" forend and 3" at the grip), Sightron S-III 8-32 with target dot, and I am using a prototype MAX Rest.
Winchester brass, Fed 210M's, H-1000, and 180 grain JLK's. Redding T-7 press and competition dies.
The 5-shot group was shot this past Saturday south of Sundance, WY at the 6th Annual MOA Cold Turkey Long Range Handgun Match at 1,000 yards and measured 3.8715 inches. MOA Annual "Cold Turkey" Handgun Match
We have two classes in this match, and I shot this group during the Heavy Gun Class (Specialty Handgun weighing no more than 16 pounds and a barrel not exceeding 18").
To say the least, I am a happy camper-Thank you to all who helped me accomplish this.
Ernie
MOA1K.jpg

4.jpg

0.370 MOA at 1000 yards???

Man that's what I do at 100 yd on a good day. And that's 3 shots group...:rolleyes:

Big congrats are in order.

Excellent job Ernie!!!!!!!

Ernie,

My name is Randy, I'm the At&t guy that met you in WY last week. I wanted to tell you that I consider it a stroke of luck and a blessing to meet someone as active in the long range community as yourself, and I have made a a few decisions regarding my upcoming long range rig.

I have decided to go with a Desert Tactical Arms SRS model, chambered in a .338LM, and I would like to discuss further some of the glass options that you and I spoke about.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and advisement!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.