bertram 7wsm neck thickness

.013-.015"

Not too impressed with the weight variance, 9 grain difference over 100 pieces of brass, my norma 7rm brass was only 3 grains difference over 250 pics brass

Ran into same problem with some 28 Nosler, had to weight sort and neck thickness was .002 difference so had to turn necks also.

well I checked the case capacity and with water, the lowest weight piece of brass only had a .2gr difference in case capacity than the heaviest weight piece of brass, so the case capacity is basically the same even though there is a 9 grain weight difference--must be in the cup thickness or extractor groove cut

I have been telling people this for a while.
people are just interested in case weight not capacity
if you give the necks a light turn and prep it is really strong brass and lasts a long time.
I think people expect pretty, prepped, and weight sorted brass for the price and that is a fair argument
I use the 338 rum to make 3 different wildcats plus have made 28 nosler out of it. also use the 7 saum and 284 win brass and never lost a primer pocket. will be ordering 6.5 prc in the future

I have been telling people this for a while.
people are just interested in case weight not capacity
if you give the necks a light turn and prep it is really strong brass and lasts a long time.
I think people expect pretty, prepped, and weight sorted brass for the price and that is a fair argument
I use the 338 rum to make 3 different wildcats plus have made 28 nosler out of it. also use the 7 saum and 284 win brass and never lost a primer pocket. will be ordering 6.5 prc in the future
yup, they are out of stock again on 7wsm brass, but I am going to buy another lot of 100 once they are back in stock--good brass with just a bit of work--until Peterson or adg come out with some, this seems to be the best option for 7wsm right now in my eyes

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.