Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

that 65 and 65.5 looks promising too.... you really never know until the work ups are done but you got some good data....... thanks for sharing

Y'all can pretty much forget the 28 Noodler in "30-06" length glory !
Bullet ogive is past the case mouth at that length and deep, deep into precious powder space, gonna have to go into a long action if ya wanna keep up with phenom called STW !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 63
From left to right ........

195 gr Berger Elite Hunter
190 gr Matrix VLD
180 gr Berger Hybrid Target
180 gr Berger VLD Hunting
180 gr Sierra Match King

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 60
Anybody have them in stock? I'm just looking for one box. I've got a factory Sendero in 7RUM that was pretty close to getting a new tube in 338. I may put all that 7RUM brass to work. I'd like to try a couple before I order a 1in 8 barrel, just to be sure.

This bullet chart/pic does not have all the 7mm bullets that are out there and I purposely omitted a few that are not really "long range". ie A Frame, Partition, Interlock, TSX etc..... did not have any Hornady 162 gr Amax, SST's and BTHP's to include in pic ......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 75
That's a great photo with the reflection and light angle. Really shows off the sleek shape of the Bergers vs. everyone else. ABLR isn't too shabby, though.

I'll be very interested to see what velocities people are getting out of the 195's (with accuracy). What is everyone's thoughts - is 3050-3100fps achievable in the 7STW and 28 Nosler?

The old barnes data shows data for their 7mm heavy@ 195gr in the 7mmstw. They were getting to the high 2900's with 7828 and rl22. I think rl25, rl26, rl33, and retumbo can beat that by at least 100 fps.
I finally got my bullets and the erroneous holds on the cc disappeared so it will be time to play with the pills tomorrow.

Swamplord,

Thank you for the pics. Lot's of work to set up such nice shots. Love ya for that. However my bank account hates it because now I HAVE to get an 8 twist. gun)

Oh, any pointers on setting up photo shots would be appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.