Berger supporters, Vocal Minority with Something to Gain, or Legit?

I started a thread a while ago called, "Why doesn't Berger make a bonded Bullet?" because what you just wrote was exactly what I had in mind to be a REAL Magic Bullet.

You realize any body can buy the dies and press that will make a Berger bullet, you can buy the J4 jackets from Berger, you can get the bonding chemicals and do it in your stove, you can get tips made of many different types and stuff them in said Magic bullets and YES, indeed some have tried this and they didn't sell, why? Maybe the performance wasn't so Magical????

Why you gotta ruin all my hopes and dreams? I prefer to think I'm much smarter than the engineers at berger and they just haven't thought of this yet, I'm sure when they get wind of this thread they'll get right to work on it. I plan on shooting polymer tipped bonded bergers next year....they'll also be unaffected by wind, which will be nice as well.

Last edited:
While there are passionate cheerleaders promoting the various products out there, sometimes with the appearance of questionable motives, IMO, I can't help to believe that many our crowd that are serious LR hunters do their homework, and will find out for themselves what works and what doesn't work for their "particular" requirements...I have hunting loads using specific Berger bullets developed for a couple of my go-to hunting rifles that have delivered superb results with what I would consider to be a good sampling of short, and long range kills. A few of the highly touted Berger bullets have not worked so well for me...no different then most bullet brands....Internet propaganda be damned!

"There is no better learning experience then when we discover something for ourselves"
-R. Sloma

I think every hunters should shoot ANY bullet other than Berger.

That way, the Bergers are way easier for me to find on the shelves.

I am Berger fan boy. And a Sherman supporter. I am starting down the Hammer Fan boy road too.

I think with more $$$ I'd be a Sherman supporter. I'm already a hammer supporter. Those things are the freaking most accurate bullet I've ever shot. It's stupid how easy load development is too. But the price tag has my buddies looking at me like I lost my mind. Berger I've tried and don't use anymore except for steel. Turns out a 185 Berger and a 199 hammer have about the same BC so they get used for practice.

And a few have done very well! I have a bunch of JLK VLD's from Swampy.
Did you ever wait to get his bullets? People ordered them by the 1000's and
stood in line to get them! His were more consistent than factory Bergers!

Last edited:
I think that a Berger behind the for-leg, through the ribs, and into the chest cavity will kill just about anything. I just wouldn't want to rely on one to blast through the shoulder of a big animal like an elk or moose or a zebra before it can enter the chest cavity....that's why I won't use them.

Do the Berger guys feel the same way about the construction of a ballistic tip or Remington Corloc, because more or less that's what a Berger is
they work fine on large game through the shoulder blade at long range 775 yardds moose 810 yards boos and 675 bear love the 215 hybird

Attachments

• thumbnail (3).jpg
    thumbnail (3).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 20992621_1798918533457688_4226187974765911634_n.jpg
    20992621_1798918533457688_4226187974765911634_n.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 11401219_10204327034431844_7083295092445977770_n.jpg
    11401219_10204327034431844_7083295092445977770_n.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 107
Over the last 35 years, I have loaded the Nosler Partition for myself, Brother and my two boys. 40+ Elk kills from 20 to 450 yards. Countless deer kills, the furthest at 829 yards. Throw in a few Bears, Antelope and Coyotes. Nope, they don't have the highest BC, and aren't the newest greatest thing. I have no plans to change and mess with success.

I've only used Berger 215's on a few animals. But they worked well. Have killed 3 elk some mule deer and some antelope. Most shots were pass throughs

And a few have done very well! I have a bunch of JLK VLD's from Swampy.
Did you ever wait to get his bullets? People ordered them by the 1000's and
stood in line to get them! His were more consistent then factory Bergers!
I'm one of these people. I'm still working off of +1200ct, 142gr JLK VLD's I bought from (unfortunately now deceased) Swampy over nine years ago. Bullet to bullet consistency is excellent, as has been their accuracy and performance on game from 100-1200 yards (g7BC measured .323) I wonder which will run out first, my barrel or my supply!
One of the few recovered bullets(62%) from a 500 yard, DRT Mulie.
F77F772A-775A-4AB3-9CE3-52B08D25867D.jpeg